AZ BBQ outfitters tombstone bbq pit (and up north

martin.1026

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Andrew
Hi all-been using a BGE for a while now with plenty of success (and more failures than I care to admit). I feel like its time to move up to a stick burner. I've also wanted a santa maria style grill too as a change of pace. I've started looking around and it looks like the AZ BBQ outfitters tombstone BBQ pit seems to fit the bill to a t. (I also see that Englebrecht as a two-in-one option as well, and the M grill seems to have something along these lines too, but the AZ tombstone is the most intriguing). Curious if anyone on here had experience with this setup. For those of you who have, a follow-up question is how well it works in a colder climate? I'm in central ohio currently but originally from Northern Minnesota (up near Duluth) and would like to get back there soon. I like outdoor cooking year round, so would love something that holds its heat in the cold.
Thanks in advance!

I have the Boothill. It is plenty thick to hold temp in the winter. They are VERY heavy duty. I have not used the Santa Maria/Argentina grill aspect in the winter. I would imagine if there wasn't much wind or you have a decent wind block that you would be able to utilize that aspect fairly effectively through the winter.

Thanks! How do you like the boothill both as a smoker and argentina grill? That was the other model I was looking at.

It truly is an awesome combo unit. Many seem to think that swiss army knife type units probably are sacrificing some aspects of the better one use units.

I haven't really found a weak spot of this smoker/grill. Some of the pieces are cumbersome because of their size and weight when cleaning is about the only negative I can think of. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

AZ BBQ Outfitters

You should look at the Kingman Deluxe.
I received my grill a couple of weeks ago.
Great grill and outstanding workmanship plus made in the great USA.
Sandra and Dave will work close with you.
They have a great line of grill/smokers .
Don from VA

Thanks! Is there a difference between the Kingman and the Kingman deluxe? I'd like to have a unit that has the capacity to smoke.

Back