Australian " Brisket". On the bone. (Pron)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Beautiful day here, looking at mid thirties Celsius.
Found some extraordinary good Margaret River beef at $10 per kilo for Australian Brisket....so I just had to do one and show you the difference.
Sitting in the bbq area now so no pics but I've taken some and will be posting them.
I am using Smoking Guns Hot that Chicagokp kindly sent me, it was recommended by brother boogie snap, who I miss around here.
On my finger it tasted more sweet than hot but we will see when I get to eat a slice of Aussie brisket.

We started over banksia pod wood for smoking and temps were at 275 but now the temps have climbed to 330f.
I don't want to stifle the smoke, so I'll let it run and see how it looks in an hour or so.

image_zpsa8329ca1.jpg

image_zps18379e2f.jpg

This is what Banksia pods look like.
Actually a seed pod from a funky tree, they are colourful and like furry with red or yellow colours when they are young, as a child I would collect them and douse them in a bucket of cold water. The pollen and fav ionises would be left in the water, making a native soda pop!
If you look carefully you may see a spider web in one seed cavity.
Our spiders can kill you before you get time to get off a fear fart so you need to be careful collecting these pods.
Very nice smokey flavor from them tho.

banksia seed pods, always a weird thing to me.

That brisket looks interesting as well, sort of what we call brisket but, with some extra meat and bone

Why thank you!
I couldn't tell if SmittyJones was being sarcastic, but if he was I was going to
A) :Cry:
B) report him
C) :Cry: again
:wink:

:laugh:

Yep... Titch. Just hitting the first one. Pissing down here! What about you???

Anyway, Buccs's "brisket" looks screwed. I think he better send it to us for forensic assessment....

CHeers!

Bill

Back