Australian " Brisket". On the bone. (Pron)

This might help you tell what your looking at fellas.
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]According to the USDA Institutional Meat Purchasing Standard (IMPS), a beef brisket as it's cut from a side of beef "includes the anterior end of the sternum bones, the deep pectoral, and the supraspinatus muscle. Evidence of the cartilaginous juncture of the 1st rib and the sternum and the cross section of 4 rib bones shall be present." You'll never find this bone-in brisket in the meat department of a U.S. supermarket.[/FONT]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Here's the whole write up, http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisketselect.html

Good lookin' cook bucc.

The proper term as I understand it for the bone in brisket is the "deckle"

Deckle ON is what Buccs has got, although it's not what you would call a full packer. In the US, you get what would be called "deckle off" which typically consists of the two muscles, point and flat, that are sold wither as a whole peice or already cut to smaller peices for braising etc..

The main thing is that the result is delicious. Last time I did a brisket, I asked the butcher what he was going to do with the bones. He said I could have them, so I cooked the bones underneath the packer. I swear the bones were better than the brisky itself!

Cheers!

Bill

The proper term as I understand it for the bone in brisket is the "deckle"

Deckle ON is what Buccs has got, although it's not what you would call a full packer. In the US, you get what would be called "deckle off" which typically consists of the two muscles, point and flat, that are sold wither as a whole peice or already cut to smaller peices for braising etc..

The main thing is that the result is delicious. Last time I did a brisket, I asked the butcher what he was going to do with the bones. He said I could have them, so I cooked the bones underneath the packer. I swear the bones were better than the brisky itself!

Cheers!

Bill

Great info.

I want to see finished pics damn it.

So far it looks awesome.

I'm hungover...and sorry.
AussieBrisketseasoned_zpse6ff3ca5.jpg

AussieBriskethalfway_zpsf3afc6e3.jpg

DONE, and so was I!!

AussieBrisketdoneonbsk_zpsd60fa91f.jpg

I managed to slice a little off the side, we thought this is the finest tasting brisket yet.
It held far more moisture, and I assume that is because it cooked with the thermal protection of the bone underneath, and the fat cap on top.
Also, that quality of cow and the place it was raised plays a part, but it doesn't compare to my last Tasmanian Cape Grimm environment so I am betting this is just a tastier and more delicious cut.
More pics as we eat it later!
Sorry for the wait guys
AussieBrisketsliced_zps733e3c3d.jpg

:yo:

Back