THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All water versus sand threads go to the woodpile. And anyone who brings it up before using the search function should have their pee pee whacked with a prickly pear cactus.

You'll see as you are here for a while

Anything but water in a water pan is cheating.

Sand pan holds sand

apple juice pan holds apple juice.

its a running gag

Mustard pans hold . . .

Ok as Bob Newhart used to say a joke is only funny three times. Or was it Bob Hope . . . at any rate I am out.

Using a sand pan in my ECB as we speak, outside temp is 42 deg. with a slight wind and i'm holding 240ish, just peeked to spritz and only lost 12 deg.
Usually with water that would drop 25-30 easy!!

I used sand and with advice of Brethren I put a layer of foil over it to be able to reuse it. Also been told to pound sand a time or two.

Loving my new WSM. Fourth cook on it now, an 8 lb flat. I got a 12.5 inch pizza stone, wrapped it in foil and set it in the water pan. Started about 20 Rancher briquettes in the chimney and put it on a full ring of unlit Rancher. One piece of red oak about 6X3 inches on it. Has been holding rock steady at 250 with one vent open about 50% and the other two closed completely. The pizza stone mod is the real deal.

Back