Another Suds Copycat

Sako, the chicken looks amazing! And I agree, tastiest chicken ever when it's spatched and cooked in the basket. We tried one on Tuesday, and it was so good we did it again last night!

I will never go back to threading a whole chicken on a rotisserie the way I used to!

A BIG thanks to Neal(sudsandswine) for sharing this technique with us!

Ooooh...air drying in the fridge, yet another dimension to crispy spun chicken...I like it :thumb:

Quite the meal there as usual :clap2:

Thanks buddy! I had forgotten about the basket. I had done legs and thighs before that turned out insane but this topped it. Perfectly and evenly cooked bird.

I love that insane attention to detail and major level of effort all through the cook, and then busting out the finest china for the plating.

:laugh:

Thanks J!

Yea I wasn't worried about the presentation and just wanted to eat.

Sako, that looks great. Love the potato technique. But the injection really has me intrigued. Doesn't look like much liquid. Would you mind to share the ratios?

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Robert!

This was a rather quick injection. Eyeballed with a tsp chicken stock, tsp miso, 2 tsp Oakridge game changer and 6-8 oz of hot water. Mixed and let it cool.

Now that's a bird I could sink my teeth into.

Did not know they had a rotis ring adapter for the JJ, pretty cool. How was the sodium content with your injection. miso can add some to the party, but the game changer can pack a punch. I guess amazon will be delivering a basket this week to my house. lol

Yep! It's Onlyfire roti kit 18" that I was given to play with. Chinese made but a solid product and works on 18" grills.

Just checked and doesn't look like they make the 18" anymore. Only 22".

As for the injection I didn't go buckwild with the ingredients so the flavors were mellow. Miso really balanced the other two.

Awesome up one side and down the other! Yow!

For years I've been going back & forth on whether or not to get a rotis basket. I'd say you've made a strong case in favor of getting one.

Great stuff, Sako! :clap2:

Thanks Greg! I know for a fact you'll like it.

Here's a link of where I ordered mine from. Stupid cheap so a grabbed a few.

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/grills-outdoor-cooking/grilling-tools/backyard-creations-trade-steel-rotisserie-basket/m24785/p-1444450211793.htm

Sako, the chicken looks amazing! And I agree, tastiest chicken ever when it's spatched and cooked in the basket. We tried one on Tuesday, and it was so good we did it again last night!

I will never go back to threading a whole chicken on a rotisserie the way I used to!

A BIG thanks to Neal(sudsandswine) for sharing this technique with us!

Amen!

I've done legs, thighs and I believe quarters also but this is a great method for cooking your whole chicken even and to perfection.

2 weeks ago, I found my un opened, not touched Octo forks, which made me do a Rotis mod to my hasty bake. they were pretty cool, but the basket looks so much easier. Already having a basket delivered on Saturday.

Back