Food Truck TD....MSU Chicken Wrap

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Would you eat it??

Was at the cabin this weekend to escape the heat and not a better time to enter this throwdown as cooking at the house was unbearable due to the humidity we're having. Other than the the pita bread, tomato and cucumber I had rest of the ingredients in the fridge.

Made a Mediterranean spice blend to marinade chicken thighs I had in the freezer

6yjvC4Lh.jpg

Marinated the chicken thighs I deboned with the spice mix above, mayo and a little avocado oil

JCKXNU9h.jpg

keEfWtbh.jpg

After a couple hours I put the marinated chicken thighs on the grill

ZpNlxshh.jpg

In the meantime I grated down some potatoes and fried some shoestring fries

EjEY2wZh.jpg

I had saved the chicken skins and made some chicken cracklings

xnfl3hFh.jpg

:becky:

taireZch.jpg

Chopped the chicken

vrXGad3h.jpg

Assembly time using extra large pita bread

w5IBA0Th.jpg

Warmed up on the grill

MDs4JZMh.jpg

Garlic spread then the chicken

GVezt1dh.jpg

Homemade tahini (sesame paste) sauce, white onions, chopped pickles

VmbBrKIh.jpg

Shoestring fries, chicken cracklings for the crunch factor/flavor, tomatoes, cucumbers and garlic sauce

xsuW5Ubh.jpg

Served on a diner style food basket :biggrin1:

sW7A6rGh.jpg

0OC1DAUh.jpg

It was really really good. The cracklings and shoestring fries along with the acidity from the pickles plus the freshness from tomatoes and cucumber tied this wrap together well. Thanks for cooking!

I watch many all the food truck shows that I run across...and that definitely fits the vibe.

Thanks Justin!

Sorta like a spin off on a shawarma wrap. Had to use up what I had in the fridge and freezer before the bears got to it and put their own entry in this TD.:laugh: They’re really active this year.

I'm trying to envision how a food truck would list that on a menu and do it justice. How would you show it?

That is a great food truck creation! Tasty and healthy, you will appeal to the masses.

Looks great! I saved some chicken skins from thighs I deboned and threw them in the air fryer with a light coating of salt and they were delish :thumb:

Looks great! I saved some chicken skins from thighs I deboned and threw them in the air fryer with a light coating of salt and they were delish :thumb:

Thanks brother!

I actually ate a few before they went in the wrap. :biggrin1: Most of the time I put them on the top rack of the gasser or pellet grill which is delicious as well. I fried them this time around since I had the oil in the pan that was going to get tossed after the fries.

Back