Another Suds Copycat

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Thank you buddy!

Suds' spatchcocked rotisserie chicken was intriguing to say the least and I had to give it a try.

Started by air drying the bird in the outdoor fridge overnight

E4o5RPdh.jpg

Decided to make an injection :mrgreen: dashi miso, chicken stock, and Oakridge Game changer

Hf4CJNgh.jpg

Injected, caged and ready for the roti

52rOyreh.jpg

I found my dream briqs..Wait!! Logs? Whatever but this stuff is superior quality and zero smoke even during lighting. Cleanest formed charcoal I've used yet

7cncr8th.jpg

Set up the Jumbo Joe with the roti attachment

JSjxmShh.jpg

And we were spinning. Nekkid on the surface

2XQfapGh.jpg

Let JJ do it's thing

6tTCwMSh.jpg

In the meantime I fried some pork fat trimmings that I had i the fridge

bXmBs16h.jpg

Added some fresh cut fries

vKF8RNeh.jpg

To make a pork fried fries for a side dish :becky:

dudUMrGh.jpg

Then I whipped out the wok, heated up some oil infused with garlic and this goodness here

qGavRJ1h.jpg

A little over halfway in I started to baste my chicken with the rub and garlic infused oil

8dA3ZqUh.jpg

Looking good nuff to eat already

M8y7Ysdh.jpg

Can't let all those flavors in the wok go to waste so I tossed in some brussell sprouts

727o3Pxh.jpg

Before you know it :clap2:

GtrEH6th.jpg

dEw3sk9h.jpg

nlm5bSqh.jpg

It was done

nohIDiah.jpg

Crispy like I've never done before

PRhIPNsh.jpg

Hands down one of the best and tastiest chickens I've made

mNSJZGxh.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

I love that insane attention to detail and major level of effort all through the cook, and then busting out the finest china for the plating.

Sako, I am sitting here drooling on my keyboard this morning craving some roti chicken!!! That looks absolutely Amazing!!:thumb::thumb:

good looking clucker buddy! It is real I did this last week with Suds dijon/herb marinade and it was awesome

Great looking chicken, rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite way's to cook chicken. I will have to try spatchcoking my next one and using my flat basket. Thanks for posting. I think I will have to pick up a fresh chicken for my sunday cook.
Tom

Sako, that looks great. Love the potato technique. But the injection really has me intrigued. Doesn't look like much liquid. Would you mind to share the ratios?

Thanks,

Robert

Did not know they had a rotis ring adapter for the JJ, pretty cool. How was the sodium content with your injection. miso can add some to the party, but the game changer can pack a punch. I guess amazon will be delivering a basket this week to my house. lol

Awesome up one side and down the other! Yow!

For years I've been going back & forth on whether or not to get a rotis basket. I'd say you've made a strong case in favor of getting one.

Great stuff, Sako! :clap2:

Back