American Royal Newbie

Bringing this one back up...

A few more questions. Are there 2 different meat inspections for the Inv and Open, or will they inspect both when they do the Invitational inspection? It sounds like the lettuce and parsley there to buy on site is pretty decent, correct? Does each site have water? Lookin forward to it!

No water at each site. They come around with a tank on a Gator.

Inspections each day. Can't inspect Open meat until noon Saturday.

2 different inspections
no clue on the parsley
water is broght to u in a gator to fill bus tubs or tanks. Theres no pressurized water source.

Thanks for the heads up on the water. Guess I'll pick up another bucket. How often can we expect to see the water guy?

Everyone mentions "hiding" the porta potty. Most I've seen are pretty heavy and I've never tried to move one. Can 1 or 2 people simply slide it to the back of our site?

Thanks - Tom

Thanks for the heads up on the water. Guess I'll pick up another bucket. How often can we expect to see the water guy?

Everyone mentions "hiding" the porta potty. Most I've seen are pretty heavy and I've never tried to move one. Can 1 or 2 people simply slide it to the back of our site?

Thanks - Tom

They're pretty light actually. Easy to move

From our experience the parsley and lettuce available from the Price Chopper store that sets up on site has always been fresh and very good quality.

Thanks - Tom

Just bring a lock for it and you'll be good.

Water guys are around a lot. You won't be without. They do a good job.

We have four 7-gallon water containers we typically use. As for parsley, I'm sure it's better quality there but I've never trusted Price Chopper to have great produce anywhere. We get ours from a Sun Fresh at 23rd and Sterling in Independence. Never had bad parsley from there. As for lettuce, it doesn't matter as we chop it to hold the parsley bed in so no idea on that. CrapSheds are light weight... at least on Thursday afternoon! :lol: We move it to the back of our site and bring a fairly small shackled padlock. Keyed ones are great, especially when you all of the sudden find yourself in a hurry... until you lose the key! :shock: I used a combination lock once and after you get beyond a certain number of beers or bourbons, you might pizz your pants before you get inside, trying to remember that damned combination AND dial it correctly! :eek:

Congrats Tom & Christy!!! Best of luck to you. I know you'll do well. You've rocked the VA comps here lately.

we just put a lock on are porta potty no big deal. but we are on the dark side. That is where the action is. Lets party.

Water guys are around a lot. You won't be without. They do a good job.

This will be our 5th Royal and I've yet to see a water guy or have water delivered. So I'm not so sure they provide they service universally. We have to schlep our own from a spiggot about 100 yards away from the spot.

After reading about the water service you guys are getting, I think I deserve some kind of refund or special prize for the self service.

Paul, I've only cooked it once before and didn't get much in the way of water or trash services. I'm looking forward to the new level of customer service!

This will be our 5th Royal and I've yet to see a water guy or have water delivered. So I'm not so sure they provide they service universally. We have to schlep our own from a spiggot about 100 yards away from the spot.

After reading about the water service you guys are getting, I think I deserve some kind of refund or special prize for the self service.

Paul, I've only cooked it once before and didn't get much in the way of water or trash services. I'm looking forward to the new level of customer service!

Must be the VIP server you get in Lot B. :wink:

The new level of customer service will probably come from your partner in crime and the toy hauler with 65 gal + water storage. I will still bring extra jugs for water so we don't have to count on customer service.

Must be the VIP server you get in Lot B. :wink:

Lot B. Heck, since I first attended the Royal in 1995 I've never even been to this fairytale you call Lot B. I suppose they turn your bed down at night and put a mint on your pillow too. It's survival of the fittest over on the dark side. I always heard that Lot B was for the Kids Q. :p

Lot B. Heck, since I first attended the Royal in 1995 I've never even been to this fairytale you call Lot B. I suppose they turn your bed down at night and put a mint on your pillow too. It's survival of the fittest over on the dark side. I always heard that Lot B was for the Kids Q. :p

You heard wrong. Lot B is for high rollers, baby!!! Have fun on the other side of the tracks. Hope the overflowing porta pots are down hill. :icon_sick

The new level of customer service will probably come from your partner in crime and the toy hauler with 65 gal + water storage. I will still bring extra jugs for water so we don't have to count on customer service.

Definitely a good point, Lee! :lol: I'll be bringing at least two of my seven gallon ones. I wanna experience this thing called customer service at the Royal! :wink: Think we can get 'em to turn down the sheets and leave us a mint? :-D

Ouch! That kind of hurt.......it may take 2 or 3 of YOUR beers to recover from that statement....... :twisted:

By the way, I'm scheduled to be tucked into bed at 11:45........:biggrin:

Back