THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you folks think on music, if any? I can bring my tower speaker for my iPod but to hear throughout the room, you'd have to crank it, which makes it annoying on the end where it is. The hotel has an installed speaker system (I think in the ceiling) that I could tap into and keep it lower throughout the room, BUT they want $100 to allow us to use it. It's all about making a buck to these hotels! They have totally missed the MULTIPLE times I've reminded them that this is a fund raiser for charities!!!

Also, does anyone have an item that you would like to donate for which we could sell raffle tickets? Just thinking... but may not be necessary.

Also, does anyone have an item that you would like to donate for which we could sell raffle tickets? Just thinking... but may not be necessary.

Good idea. How about asking everyone who is coming to donate a BBQ item like a bottle of sauce, and jar of rub etc. then we put it all together and raffle it all off as a package deal? This is cheap and painless and could get you some serious cash.

I have some CSC stuff and t-shirts... Noithing major on CSC stuff, but tchotchkes from golf outing, et al.

I would say that the extra money for music would be better used toward the charity.

I am new to the Brethren, but usually people want to talk and catch up with old friends plus make new friends. If this forum is any indication, there will be a lot of talking.

Music could be a distraction, or just ignored.

change

were wanting some change.......lets make this memerable party after the party were allthere to fun and fello0wship our store will donate a pair of one half ct. tw diamond studs,too be raffaled,tickeds sold,or bid on......again this goes to our benifit......personaly i think we could sell tickets these and any thing else we have,drawing at 1:11 am need not be present......tickets posted in morn. can collect then. this is our first event like this ,were realing looking foward to meeeting everyone!!! ron do ya a bag for me. 1 or 2 would go great with the studs dennis:clap2:

Folks, this is a great cause. At this point, every dollar collected goes to charity. Cancer Sucks and Kookers Kare. Both of which I've supported in the past, and will support again this year. At $10 a head it's a no brainer.

Good idea. How about asking everyone who is coming to donate a BBQ item like a bottle of sauce, and jar of rub etc. then we put it all together and raffle it all off as a package deal? This is cheap and painless and could get you some serious cash.

So, no interest in my idea?

I like your idea.

I like 'Dog's idea, too, but I'm concerned that it may be too late for folks to see this and act. I'll toss two extra bags of coffee into my suitcase to raffle off.

There is an iPhone app that lets you enter people's names and it randomly picks a winner, or for less work everyone who enters can be given a number on a slip of paper and then there is an iPhone app to pick a random number based on a set max number.

I too like the idea but I'm not sure I could make it out to the store to pick something up before we leave...

I understand but don't you have a sauce rub cabinet? I do and I'm sure that there are some rubs and sauces from the sauce trades that I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

Back