After Party at the Banquet - Interested?

Some of you may have missed this in the main banquet thread. Here's the deal:

In past years, many of us have gotten chased from room to room by hotel security responding to complaints of noise and told to quiet down or we'd be asked to leave. In hopes that everyone can find a place to go after the party where we won't get shut down, the idea was raised to try to reserve a small banquet room where we can visit, have a cash bar (we can't BYOB) and have some fun without the hotel continually interrupting the fun!

I've checked with the catering department at the Hyatt Regency Kansas City and here's the prices:

$600 - Room from after the banquet til about 1 am
$75 - Bartender fee for cash bar
$65 - Taxes
$740 - Total

The plan is to have anyone wanting to attend pay $10 each (so $20 per couple) to contribute for the use of the room. It supposedly holds 250 people. If we got that many, we'd actually raise $1,760 more than we need. We talked about donating the remainder to CancerSucksChicago for cancer research. I'd be interested to know if everyone attending would be good with splitting the funds left 50/50 with CancerSucksChicago and Kookers Kare? A full 250 people would mean $880 to each organization.

If you're in for this, reply to this thread that you are and how many "tickets" you're in for. Then PayPal $10 for each person in your group to BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com and I will send you a "ticket" for each $10.

We need to get it rolling quickly as this is the only room left according to the banquet and catering people at the Hyatt.

Thanks!
Sent OK now it is sent

Last edited:
Thanks to a couple of donors plus those sending in to PayPal, we are now up to $470! Only $270 to go! Get R done!!!

$10 to hang with my Brethren was a great deal to begin with... adding the charitable aspect makes it a win-win for everyone! Fantastic idea Jeff! Thanks so much!

Money sent and days counted... 30 to go!

Called the lady at the Hyatt today to tell her we're in for this! Was starting to fear they'd rent the room out from under us! We're good but I gotta go sign a contract early next week! Keep the donations coming! Like Bob says... we need $220 still to get the room paid for.

Once again, if you're in, go to paypal.com and send $10 for each person. I believe we're at $540 or $550 today... was a little slow! Let's get this done by Sunday! I'll have to call the catering manager at the Hyatt back on Monday. We played phone tag all day today.

If everyone that is going now would pitch in an extra $5/person, we would be over the amount and then some. Make a list of who's paid and check them in at the door. Anyone else who wants to join after pays their $15 bucks at the door and we can put that towards the PHill charity contest.

Vern, any excess all goes towards Kookers Kare and CancerSucksChicago. We already decided that. Wouldn't change now.

Back