THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

plain cream cheese, some rub, & a little smokie:

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

scrapple & cheddar work really nice as well:

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

and then there's the 'Elvis':

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

I love ABT's so I created PPT's (Poblano Potato Turds)

loaded mashed potatoes stuffed in a poblano and wrapped in bacon

270866_143912622350378_139456032796037_288579_6125004_n.jpg

I dice up green and red peppers and marinate in soy sauce. Fry and mince up andouille sausage. Mix it up with cream cheese and pour into the halved jalopenos.

Got this one from DDD/Guy F. Marinate waterchestnuts in half soy sauce and brown sugar overnight. Slice the nuts in half the next day. Stuff with cream cheese and a couple slices of chestnuts. Sprinkle with your favorite pixie dust, wrap in bacon, sprinke more pixie dust and cook until the bacon is done. Fantastic!

Chopped smoked string cheese (a form of mozarella) and chopped dried cherries for stuffing (whole peppers cored) wrapped with a full slice of bacon. Apricots, dates and Craisins are really good too.

Last edited:
All of the above is good.

I mix in some "TexMex" cheeze into the Cream Cheeze.
Real fond of pineapple and pineapple juice.
Really like to add some Marachino Cherries for sweet and some gorgeous color!

It's all good.

TIM

scrapple & cheddar work really nice as well:

IMG_1351.jpg

Gotta love scrapple. I was scrolling through the post and saw scrapple, thought..that person must be from PA. Scrolled up and guess what. Bam...West Chester. Way to represent PA Dutch style.

Nice thought with the little smokies also. I just can't stop wrapping those in biscuit dough though. They are too damn good.

I use crumbled up fatty, cream cheese, cheddar, and sour cream with a little rub mixed in the filling. Wrap in bacon, sprinkle rub. Smoke.

Now you got me thinking. There may be a pork roll ABT in my future.

Now you got me thinking. There may be a pork roll ABT in my future.

Boyertown eh, you’re right up the road :thumb:. Love pork roll too. Remember getting it in the long tubes wrapped in burlap? Slice off a hunk & fry it, some yellow mustard & perhaps melted american cheese? I did a pork roll pie a while ago, just sliced it down & added some marinated cayenne peppers from my garden. It was delicious but in retrospect I should’ve fried it first to give it that nice crunch:

011.jpg

013.jpg

Remember getting it in the long tubes wrapped in burlap? Slice off a hunk & fry it, some yellow mustard & perhaps melted american cheese?

Yeah I remember. Too bad the good Taylor pork roll is so expensive. Fry up two slices with american and mayo on a bun. I guess I have to try smoking pork roll now! Your pizza looks good too btw. I agree though, fried pork roll is always better.

Apologies to Grilling24x7 for hijacking his thread.

Peace

How much cream cheese?

I am doing ABTs for the first time this weekend. Buddy is bringing 2-3 pounds of Japs. I plan to use pulled pork as part of the stuffing. How many packages of cream cheese do I need to buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ABT's

I core the whole pepper and mix cream cheese dill and garlic,then wrap.:clap: After seeing some of these other combos I feel inspired to try something new this weekend.

20110717_Turds_0355.JPG

Sunday was my first attempt at these so I kept it simple...

Sliced and cored jalapenos, filled with plain softened cream cheese, hillshire farms little smokie and a bacon wrap.

As I experiment further, I will heat them up but I wanted to create a baseline flavor and work on it with individual additions until I get them to a point where I consider them to be perfect.

Back