THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I should add that we (Bubba, Ty (my GF's 16 year old son), and I are planning on the drum build around 2:00 Saturday. I plan on telling him on the trip down...

I will be there as well with my 4 year old daughter who is looking forward to watching me build a smoker

Ok, sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to seeing everyone I'm betting noonish or so on Saturday. Depends on when we can get Bubba ready.

Scott

We bypassed an issue today... we have enough money, it looks like, to get all the meat we need! Yea!

On a side note, Pat will be taking a live hog to be butchered tomorrow... I'm hoping I get out of a drs. appt early enough to witness this undertaking!

We have volunteers to help serve on Sunday, but if your wife wants to help with that, I can get you the number of the church to sign up for that.

I would like that number for her if possible...

Weren't you talking about coming out on Saturday for the UDS build?

yes, I thouhgt I read somewhere that it was a "secret" so I didn't want to spill the beans in this thread! haha

I am 75% sure I will be there........ I have had a crazy week and need to gather up the supplies.... but 75% without ANYTHING right now is pretty good! haha

yes, I thouhgt I read somewhere that it was a "secret" so I didn't want to spill the beans in this thread! haha

It is but the good news is he can't get on here to read it... lol... I know that there are some people in his area that are also on here so the secret part was more for them... The one I was most worried about was his mother... She keeps secrets real good, kinda, some times, you get the idea... I'll be telling him either on Friday night or on the way down on Saturday. Either way, he'll know by the time we get there...

I am 75% sure I will be there........ I have had a crazy week and need to gather up the supplies.... but 75% without ANYTHING right now is pretty good! haha

Even if you can't get your act together, come on by... It was a blast last year and there were a number of guys that couldn't stay...

Even if you can't get your act together, come on by... It was a blast last year and there were a number of guys that couldn't stay...

Good to know... it is just at a bad time for me (I have a lot to do around the house - trying to sell... and my wife and I have an event to go to in the late evening back here in Columbus), but I think I have cleared my schedule..... now I just need to get the stuff.

well, check out the UDS thread and you can see the progress on our charcoal baskets and ash pans.

well, check out the UDS thread and you can see the progress on our charcoal baskets and ash pans.

SWEETNESS!!!! I should be "close" to having you pick up my drum bu now too! WooHoo

I'm gonna have a UDS.... I'm gonna have a UDS

SUPER PUMPED

Well if you all are doing the uds build sat afternoon I guess Ill watch?????? Deer chili will be on for you..... have a gallon for sat day and a gallon for sat night.

Saturday dinner is shaping up nicely... Don't forget, appetizers are on you guys... ABT's, MOINK balls and Fatties (sausage provided by Bob Evans). I'm going to make my first IKEA MOINK Balls, too, I think.

Sunday morning, I'll roll out some Bacon Implosions to get our arteries, er, stopping?

The staff of the church will judge the ABTs, MOINK Balls and Fatties to select a winner for each.

I posted on another thread, I'll be there Saturday but I need someone from the dayton area to help pick up some pre-paid drums before Saturday.

I posted on another thread, I'll be there Saturday but I need someone from the dayton area to help pick up some pre-paid drums before Saturday.

how many and where are they located? I might be able to help out.

I know I'll say this again... But you all are amazing.

I'm really humbled that you all are coming to Dayton this week to cook half a ton of meat to give away. I'm sitting here watching TV, and just can't believe it's going to happen again after PGBBQ 1.

This year should be better, with more interaction with the staff and, hopefully, a lot more help throughout the weekend. We even added a new cook yesterday from the church. Saturday dinner is going to be fantastic, with the insider comps going on and the staff there. Rain or not, we're going to have a great time!

Well if you all are doing the uds build sat afternoon I guess Ill watch?????? Deer chili will be on for you..... have a gallon for sat day and a gallon for sat night.

Ya know what would go well with that chili, one of Phils "McRib" sammies. I might just have some ribs already cooked up in the freezer. If not, I know I have rib tips we can cube up!

OK, I checked and yes, I have two slabs of ribs for "McPhooba Rib Sammies"!!!!

Saturday dinner is shaping up nicely... Don't forget, appetizers are on you guys... ABT's, MOINK balls and Fatties (sausage provided by Bob Evans). I'm going to make my first IKEA MOINK Balls, too, I think.

Sunday morning, I'll roll out some Bacon Implosions to get our arteries, er, stopping?

The staff of the church will judge the ABTs, MOINK Balls and Fatties to select a winner for each.
I also have a couple of slabs of Rib Tips all ready to go... Curt, do you want them too? All we need to do is warm them on the smoker and cube them up....

Ok with all else going on the chili will be on durning sat day and nt. Also planning on making abts-moink balls and fatties during night for anyone awake.....

2 days we will be desending on Dayton

Back