A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

OK so Curt asks for no rain.... You would think that getting a bunch of Drinkers to drive for miles coming in from other states, to sit up all night cooking NOT drinking giving up thier weekend, to feed the poor. That the Man upstairs would take that section of dayton and allow no water to come down apon it......You would think....

Curt,

Other than cookers, fuel, and rubs, is there any thing else we need to bring? Cambro's, coolers, Hotel pans, ect? I'm making a stop at RD on Friday and figure if you need it, I can pick it up then...

We're hoping to have pans, but if you have hotel pans, etc., bring them. Bring coolers for drinks that you're bringing. Treat it mostly as a competition, but you can wash stuff in the kitchen, and the meat will be fine, so you don't have to worry about that.

If I were coming in, I'd bring:

Cooker
Rubs
ABT, MOINK ball ingredients
Fattie stuffing/rubs
Something to drink for myself (non-alcohol)
Anything I wanted to cook to feed the other cooks during the day, overnight, or breakfast
Stuff to sit on
EZ ups
Cooking utensils
Rain gear
We'll have a generator, but if you have an extra that fits, that, too.
Lights as desired
For Jeff, you might want to bring your teddy bear, too, so you'll feel safe.

We're hoping to have pans, but if you have hotel pans, etc., bring them. Bring coolers for drinks that you're bringing. Treat it mostly as a competition, but you can wash stuff in the kitchen, and the meat will be fine, so you don't have to worry about that.

If I were coming in, I'd bring:

Cooker
Rubs
ABT, MOINK ball ingredients
Fattie stuffing/rubs
Something to drink for myself (non-alcohol)
Anything I wanted to cook to feed the other cooks during the day, overnight, or breakfast
Stuff to sit on
EZ ups
Cooking utensils
Rain gear
We'll have a generator, but if you have an extra that fits, that, too.
Lights as desired
For Jeff, you might want to bring your teddy bear, too, so you'll feel safe.
Thanks for the list... I do have an extra generator but it's not all that quiet... let me know and I'll toss it in the trailer if you need it...

and as for the teddy bear, I've always got Bubba... :eek:

If it's not a problem to bring the generator, bring it along in case, but if it's a hassle, don't bother.

Quick question... Are you still planning on the 'Pork Comp'? If so, do you need clam shells (I have a bunch)? Should we bring a garnish?

Also, I was not planning on bringing any sauce for the sandwiches... Is that something I should reconsider?

I've got the styrofoam boxes already. I forgot about garnish.... nothing but parsley and/or green leaf lettuce, no pooling of sauce. Judges will be people that go to the church, and I'll be 'training' them before hand.

Bring sauce! All the pork will be sauced. City BBQ, a local chain, is donating 2 cases of sauce, but bring more along! It's just easier that way, so we don't have to put it out, etc.

Ok - I will be there Saturday! Aren't you all overjoyed? Have to leave Saturday night but I will be there Saturday! Yeah!

No shirts as of now.. but if I can get shirts later, do you all want them (cost plus shipping)?

And I'm glad you'll be there at least Saturday!

Any chance of some Kentucky Kool-aid?:cool:

I know there was some stuff last year; with more people around from the church this year, I really need to ask that no alcohol be brought. I had originally thought I might sneak in some very early morning traditional beverages, but the church really is asking that we not have anything. We don't know if any of the volunteers will have an issue with it, and it's not worth the potential damage it will do to the event.

Back