THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my pellet pro 440 by smokedaddy inc

I'll look into this as well

I think people refuse to give pitboss a chance because they are sold in bigbox stores so they think they are junk.

I'll look into them. The only thing I didn't care for was the flame zone...I don't really need it, but maybe once I had it?

Until recently I only had a kamado, but I got a drum and the Copperhead. I really like what the drum offers so I wouldn't necessarily say that getting a pellet grill is an upgrade.

I don't know if I would say upgrade either. I make great food on my UDS. However, there's something appealing with pushing a button to start, set and forget a temp, etc...especially with working all day, picking up a toddler from daycare, and entertaining him till the wife gets home, then wanting to smoke something quick.

Seems I might have thought the Jim Bowie would be my size, but thinking about it, it's probably too big. After realizing a UDS is basically under 400sq/in of cooking space and thats 700, the Daniel Boone or the PP 440 would suit me better.

I play with the pitboss every week at walmart but can't bring myself to buy a pellet grill. To me it seems pretty heavy duty, the racks seem thick and heavy and the lid seems decent.

You don't need to use the flame griller, just keep it closed.

My pellet pro came with 120 lbs of pellets a cover and the grill for 709 and absolutely love it even when its bonre cold it holds to within +/- 5 degrees of set temperature excellent construction and can't beat his customer service I emailed him around 11pm on a weekend and he responded back in 15 minutes. I looked at a new smoker for about a year before I decided on the pellet pro it has a ton of accessories and just plain works I've done over a dozen cooks since i bought it and no issues

So in terms of temperature controller, how does the Pit Boss, GMG and the pellet pro compare in terms of consistency and accuracy?

Does the Pit Boss match the other 2? 499 plus a 10% coupon right now is pretty tempting....

My pellet pro came with 120 lbs of pellets a cover and the grill for 709 and absolutely love it even when its bonre cold it holds to within +/- 5 degrees of set temperature excellent construction and can't beat his customer service I emailed him around 11pm on a weekend and he responded back in 15 minutes. I looked at a new smoker for about a year before I decided on the pellet pro it has a ton of accessories and just plain works I've done over a dozen cooks since i bought it and no issues

I had the same experience. Dennis is great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So in terms of temperature controller, how does the Pit Boss, GMG and the pellet pro compare in terms of consistency and accuracy?

Does the Pit Boss match the other 2? 499 plus a 10% coupon right now is pretty tempting....

I can't speak for the other 2 but the pellet pro holds plus or minus 5 degrees of my set temp but normally dead on

My GMG holds temps rock solid!

GMG is coming out with a new line this spring.

The Silverbac customer service is awesome as well. They have been known to call people who are hosting a weekend gathering that day when they are stuck. The temp swings are more like 10-15 degrees on it but I think that adds not detracts from the flavor. It adds some smoldering during the reheating process so that issue people speak of with lack of smoke from a pellet smoker doesn’t seem to be a problem. Of course this depends on the type of product you want to put out. If you consider the swings on a stick burner for example it’s usually more well over 15 degrees yet the food is excellent. So temp swings of that magnitude are an unnecessary worry if you ask me.

The Silverbac customer service is awesome as well. They have been known to call people who are hosting a weekend gathering that day when they are stuck. The temp swings are more like 10-15 degrees on it but I think that adds not detracts from the flavor. It adds some smoldering during the reheating process so that issue people speak of with lack of smoke from a pellet smoker doesn’t seem to be a problem. Of course this depends on the type of product you want to put out. If you consider the swings on a stick burner for example it’s usually more well over 15 degrees yet the food is excellent. So temp swings of that magnitude are an unnecessary worry if you ask me.

That is true.

I'm being pulled toward the Daniel Boone but I think I need to fondle a Pit Boss at Lowe's tomorrow as well.

I don't know if you're dead set on a horizontal but the Pit Boss Copperheads are close to you for $199.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=876324460
87dc0ddc38851d3c5d176ef901e2041e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't know if you're dead set on a horizontal but the Pit Boss Copperheads are close to you for $199.

I was hoping to wait till one local to me went to 109 like on the other thread, then at least pick one up for smoking deer jerky...But I never really paid attention to verticals.

Back