4th of July

Enjoying the two butts and some spares my neighbor put on yesterday. Great grub, topped off with traditional ice creme sandwich!
God Bless America, HappyBirthday, 230 years old!

Mine stuff should be done around 5:30-6 :biggrin: This bandera is going to take a little getting used too and its a fuel hog comparied to me silver smoker. But I can put about 5X more stuff in it so it's a trade off.

Attachments

• DSC00591 (Small).JPG
    DSC00591 (Small).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 68
Randy--what is that silver stuff at the inside of the exhaust vent?

If it is a big as it appears, and it may not be, it is closing off the exhaust by a bunch!
That will turn a Dera into a real fuel hog, for sure.

May be an optical "delusion" though.

TIM

The_Kapn said:
Randy--what is that silver stuff at the inside of the exhaust vent?

If it is a big as it appears, and it may not be, it is closing off the exhaust by a bunch!
That will turn a Dera into a real fuel hog, for sure.

May be an optical "delusion" though.

TIM

Kapn, Those are the probes wrapped in foil. They dont take much room it just looks big

roknrandy said:
Kapn, Those are the probes wrapped in foil. They dont take much room it just looks big

Okie Dokie :lol:

Good looking load of vittles there.

TIM

Well, I did my loin on the Weber. It wasn't the smoker but it turned out farkin awesome! This is a dish I was doing before I joined the Brethren but it wasn't until lately that I perfected it. I was overdoing it before and not foiling to rest. Now I take it to 145 and foil. Wow did it turn out moist. Thanks to Bill and the rest of the Brethren for the education. The snaps were steamed and the new potatoes boiled.

Ive got the big belly goin on. We were talking of going out to the local park for fireworks. Now, as I sip on my 4th Sam Adams Summer Ale, I think we will sit tight and shoot of some bottle rockets in the front yard.

Went to the Belly Bros on Sunday. Good eats there. Thanks guys.

Yesterday went to my SIL's place. When I walked in my MIL was preparing her "BBQ" pork steaks. The ONLY way to get them tender she says. Nice, grey meat-like things boiling in water for a few hours after which they were drenched in Kraft sauce and placed in the oven. :eek: The burgers were done in the method that involves covering every square inch of the gas grill and flaming the outsides. When the cover is opened you throw on 3 large cupfuls of water on the meat to put out the flames. At least they were still pink inside. :-o

Day was not a total loss foodwise. Had some fresh salsa made by our neice's Mexican boyfriend. Had some Shiner Bock, margaritas from scratch, and I made the ice cream. :-D

I did chicken thighs and drums and, not only did the relatives like them, they didn't complain that I didn't cook any breasts!

Back