4th of July

going to my brothers grilling ribs, burgers an chicken also working on the bandera,man its hot here TENN

finished up some ribs this morning for a boat ride over to fire Island to watch the fire works tonight

Sylvie said:
I got a half dozen cornish hens and 3 racks of baby backs going on the WSM. I'm trying out some Budweiser BBQ sauce samples they sent me. We didn't invite anyone over as I didn't plan to do this until yesterday. But that means lots for the hubby and I to munch on all weekend and some for those who just drop by.

Hmmm...maybe I need to do some dropping...

My Uncle is have a birthday BBQ at his house. I know nothing about his BBQ skills. I'm smoking some fatties to keep in glove compartment just in case...

Did my BBQ on the 1st did some pork tenderloin and some steak. Great stuff and Great eats!

I'm working today for some reason, so I'll be doing a butt overnight tonight for tomorrow's festivities at my folks' place. a very productive rummage through the freezer produced a chuck roast, two fatties and a corned beef point that are gonna get cooked as well. I love overnight cooks! Just me, the fire, the dog and the dark.

tommykendall said:
I'm thinking about smoking some spam with my brisket tomorrow in honor of Bi-gal. :wink:
I have a special can of that laying around as well.

I finished off about 4 # of Pacific yellowtail two hours ago, cleaned up the WSM and dropped a 13# brisket on one hour ago. It's a beautiful hunk of turd I tell ya. It's gonna be a long night here but Mr. WSM is chuggin steady at 215. Hopefully I can cat nap all night.

My WSM has been chuggin between 215 and 229 for 10 solid hours with no indication of much fuel loss and the water pan is still half-full. It can continue burning for several more hours without question. I haven't much touched a thing except a slight twist in the lower intake dials and only checked the temperature twice before now.

Family was out from Chicago and here are a few picks of the food. Pics are not great; Margarita mod:biggrin:

And my posting may not be to coherent; hangover mod!

Happy 4th of July!

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture025-1.jpg
Picture024-1.jpg

The 4th

I've been out here at Ameriquest Field since midnight smokin' two butts and two briskets. Chicken will go on later followed closely by three fatties, some sausage and three dozen ABT's. Wisconsin 'tater salad is in the cooler and 12 quarts of beans are in the pit gettin' butt-dripped.

Back