45 day dry aged steaks

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Private
I had a steer done a couple of months ago and had them keep the loins and ribeye primals whole. They've been dry aging in my big cooler for 45 days so I started breaking them down and vac'ing for the freezer.

i-Xm3f84W-XL.jpg

This what is normally called a NY strip as the tenderloin has been removed.

i-3rBrB67-XL.jpg

Ready to be vac'd and frozen.

i-T5q47nQ-XL.jpg

A couple of the ribeyes.

i-KwCbbd2-XL.jpg

No idea how they would grade but the steer was 1540#'s so maybe prime?

Might see if Phil would want to use the last pic to use as a fund raiser for donation to the Brethren. I'll flash freeze them, ship overnight to the high bidder if he's interested in doing so.

I had a steer done a couple of months ago and had them keep the loins and ribeye primals whole. They've been dry aging in my big cooler for 45 days so I started breaking them down and vac'ing for the freezer.

i-Xm3f84W-XL.jpg

This what is normally called a NY strip as the tenderloin has been removed.

i-3rBrB67-XL.jpg

Ready to be vac'd and frozen.

i-T5q47nQ-XL.jpg

A couple of the ribeyes.

i-KwCbbd2-XL.jpg

No idea how they would grade but the steer was 1540#'s so maybe prime?

Might see if Phil would want to use the last pic to use as a fund raiser for donation to the Brethren. I'll flash freeze them, ship overnight to the high bidder if he's interested in doing so.

Need to send a couple here for a more in depth test.:becky:

Looks great, Norm!!

Nice work Norm, I'm guessing prime as well. They are going to be tasty I'm sure.

Dang brother that's a beautiful thing! I've been wondering when that critter was gonna show up around Q-talk again! When's supper, I'll bring the cervezas amigo!

Thanks for the kind comments folks!

Back