THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Briskets trimmed. Got my butts picked out. Clothes and camera packed. Four hours of sleep and then it is off to the airport to begin the BBQ-Zona adventure.

GC Iowa smokey d's
Egg sweet pepper
3rd pellet envy
4th butcher

KCBS toy
1st Iowa smokey d's 2911
2nd pellet envy 2907
3rd I smell smoke 2899

Merl

Thom has video from Sun City festival on his web site, check it out.

I have a couple up there I will need to edit a couple more
What a great event

Butchers.......
David and Martin are really really good cooks and fun to spend a contest with,
Dont forget to try Davids new Rub "Disk Boys" available soon :)

Plow Boys,,,,,,,,,,
Todd and Jorge, Todd has a quick wit and is the type of Guy you would want to watch the Super Bowl with.
Jorge Does not talk much but when he does he has something interesting to say.

Mr Smoker
It is always good to see Dick Lee one of the All Time Greats in AZ BBQ

We did not get the group shot but Todd took a few pictures

Missed ya Scottie

It was great seeing all my old friends and spending the day with Todd and Jorge. I'm proud to call them my Brothers.

I have a couple up there I will need to edit a couple more
What a great event

Butchers.......
David and Martin are really really good cooks and fun to spend a contest with,
Dont forget to try Davids new Rub "Disk Boys" available soon :)

Plow Boys,,,,,,,,,,
Todd and Jorge, Todd has a quick wit and is the type of Guy you would want to watch the Super Bowl with.
Jorge Does not talk much but when he does he has something interesting to say.

Mr Smoker
It is always good to see Dick Lee one of the All Time Greats in AZ BBQ

We did not get the group shot but Todd took a few pictures

Missed ya Scottie
Thanks Thom

WOW what a fun time. I( and also I know Todd feels the same) would like to say thanks to Thom for taking time out of his busy schedual to load up his trailer and cookers and driving 4 hours to allow us to cook.
For anyone wanting a well ran contest and has some time to spend go and spend it with those AZ BBQ's they do a fine job.

Scottie sorry about Stagecoach, I will have the FEC and Thom said you could have the BDS.:cool:

Good thing for you, Martin is a monster, or we would have to wrassle for it. Fortunately he has 2 FE's!!! lol

I agree that it is a great contest that Mike puts on. Wish I could of made it,

This was a great weekend!

Neighbors don't come any better than David and Martin from Butcher's BBQ! Cooks don't come much better either. If you ever get to spend some time around David it's not a bad idea to spend a lot of time listening to what he has to say. Thank you for the education and the laughs.

I'd list everyone else it was my pleasure to meet, and apologize to those that I didn't make the time to see but I'm afraid that I'd forget somebody! I really appreciate those of you that took the time to come by and say hello and I really wish that there had been more time to visit with everyone.

I do want to thank Thom, Mike from AZBBQ, MrSmoker, and everybody else that was so generous in the loan of equipment. Todd was the cook, but there wasn't anything that either of us needed that we didn't have. It was a true pleasure meeting all of you as well!

That's an event that I'd like to get back to again!

Soon after the contest was over, all I could think about was getting home to my family. Haven't unpacked or even unloaded the truck yet. Just been cuddling with Christian while watching UP, made a Shoofly Pie with Michael, and white chicken chili with Christian. They missed me almost as much as I missed them. I'm sure glad BBQ is over for the year. After 23 contests, I've got some catching up to do with my boys.

Michael Reiman is a great guy and puts on a great contest. Jorge and I got to judge the Anything Butt and Dessert contests on Friday night. Holy crap were those some amazing entries!!! I'm proud to say that I judged both the winning dessert and the winning AB entry. I gave each of them a 999. The AB entry was a smoked, prime ribeye steak as big as your head with a warm crab salad on top and bernaise sauce on the side. Each of the six judges got a steak. That entry must have cost him $200, but it earned a 1st place trophy and hopefully enough cash to pay for it.

We weren't doing the people's choice, but had people wanting BBQ anyway. We gave out our ribs and a few samples of brisket. Gave all of our tickets to Toys 4 BBQ to add to their collection and redeem for $$.

Mr Smoker and I go back about three years on the Brethren. I used to ship Richard a lot of sauce back in the day. It was not only great to meet him, but to have him hanging out during turn ins and at the awards proudly wearing his new Plowboys BBQ T-Shirt.

Meeting "Thom Emery from the Internet" was an honor. A great sense of humor and a generous guy to offer up his pits. Thom wears his passion for BBQ on his sleeve and was more a "celebrity" than some of the so called Big Name teams there were assembled.

I got to meet my idols, VQ & Diva Herself. Down to earth and special people. VQ talks with you like you've known him for years.

We met Sweet Peppers in passing a few times at the Royal, but seeing these guys in their element was something to take in. Easy to like and great cooks to boot. Viva New Mexico!!!

Thank you AZBBQ for offering all you had! Only wish your judges had better taste in BBQ. :lol:

It was a lot of fun to finally meet some of the east of New Mexico Brethren. Todd, Jorge and David. I got to sneek out of camp and steal Tommy's Monster Golf cart and come see ya guys what a pleasure it was for me. You know I have been thinking about this roadshow BBQ thing the idea is go to a new town ask all the great BBQ people for equiptment. The best part is when it time to go I just let everyone know to come get there stuff and walah cleanup is all done. hehehe The best part for me was to get a call in pork and to share the stage with all you great cookers. Mike and Tommy you guys rock at putting a event together.
Great Job brethren thanks for coming hope you enjoyed the hospatality and please come back soon. Scottie you sure were missed.

Back