THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little storm action cooled things off as I was unboxing
cGWcPU0l.jpg

ompIfY4l.jpg

b1C0osvl.jpg

KiM3EgBl.jpg

jILSkk2l.jpg

KTYCOsWl.jpg

qnU9wTel.jpg

So here's the main question as I'm stupid.............Do I leave the bubble wrap on for insulation?? The pics on the website didn't show this feature, but I think I just got special ones........ :confused:

So here's the main question as I'm stupid.............Do I leave the bubble wrap on for insulation?? The pics on the website didn't show this feature, but I think I just got special ones........ :confused:

I'm not sure that it is the drums that are 'speshul'

:becky:

Nice looking drums! Congrats!

So all 3 are loaded for the morning. Since they arrived later I'll just fire them up in the morning, give them my normal half arsed seasoning and start cooking. Might push back timelines to start at 2pm so I don't have to get up at 3 am, but I wake up at random times so well see what happens :-D

OMx8wOLl.jpg

wVHFWAHl.jpg

XHW872ul.jpg

tpB4188l.jpg

Another Christmas in July story. I look forward to your first cook.

i suggest checking out Mark's BBQ baskets next, I have 2 of those as well, for increased cooking volume and tossing slab bacon or a fatty up in the top of the basket to baste everything setup below works fantastic.

So up before 3am. Going to light and let burn till big meat goes on at 6am. Here's a few more pics from last night
IzUetr8l.jpg

S06OMbMl.jpg

Wh0BWhol.jpg

Rained a bunch, but luckily stopped a few hours ago last I remember.
PxQ4eGdl.jpg

Here's this morning
XXzBuuIl.jpg

Therm temp in the exhaust is reading close to grate temp (within about 5 or so) based on the over therms and one also has a Maverick reading. This is only after about 35mins of lighting so we'll see where things stabilize and how they run. Right now not shooting for any temp. Just getting a feel.

Smoker 1
TupNkzHl.jpg

SZzK6Aol.jpg

kEywu3gl.jpg

dWNmktXl.jpg

Xfcdd9yl.jpg

VPp3P7Al.jpg

5t4dgWkl.jpg

Since I got up early big meats will go on at 6am as per my initial plan "comp timeline" that I have in my brain hole. Plan is to have one drum for Brisket, one for Pork/Chicken, one for ribs. So when pork is done chicken will go on. Let's see how that pans out..........:loco:

Back