3 Hunsaker Delivery Day Friday! Full Practice Cook Saturday Thread of Disappointment :)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Well today's the day my 3 Hunsakers should arrive. I called the local destination terminal that got them from MO yesterday to verify they would be coming today which they said they would be. The nice lady I spoke with even said to call her back this morning to get a better idea of where they would be on the delivery schedule which was nice :biggrin1:. So called this am and they are deliveries 8/9/10 of the 11 the driver has.

Window is 12-4pm and she estimated around 2-3'ish. Doesn't matter as long as they get here :becky: as I planned a full practice cook tomorrow.
rUxnboQl.png

Meat's been thawing for a few days. All 4 meats here were in my freezer. Some injections and sauces ready as well.
oFHdsz7l.jpg

32Rj0Rel.jpg

Plan is to get them unboxed, give them a half ass seasoning and then get them ready for tomorrow morning at 5am when all that meat will get the shame treatment :clap2:.

Probably run them all around 300 just to see when the meats finish. I'll roughly try to hit the normal turn in windows, but this 300 run is to see how long things take and to figure out when I will get chicken on either of the big meat drums after they finish.

Good luck with everything, and don't dirty them up too much, I want them in good condition when you get ready to sell them to me and move on to your next cooker.

BTW, which contest are you gearing up for?

We don't do many anymore, so the years of 20+ are done. Though birth of the new one dug into the beginning of the year so Dillard is our first of 2017, then L'ville and probably Lyons. Might hit up one more close out of state event depending on how the year goes.

We're down to zero expectations. 3-5 events isn't enough to be competitive or know if new smokers/recipes are working or not working, but we still love to do them for fun and see our bbq buddies.

I think we are as anxious as you, Jason. Kind of like your recent delivery room experience, eh?

Jason, hold up bro! I'd send those back, they look used... I mean look at how bad those boxes are crushed! :roll:

Enjoy your new toys, looking forward to seeing what comes off of them.

Back