Votes: 14 24.6%
  • The 36" is the only way or bust

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Get neither and get something else instead

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Lordkifar

Full Fledged Farker
Brethren, I am looking into buying the Blackstone griddle....I am facing a choice of 28 vs 36".....now bigger is usually better and all of that....but up here in the great white North, the difference in price is ~150$.

In the US, the difference is a lot less (looking at Amazon.com) but the exchange rate at 1.32 kills it for me.

What should I do......any thought from either camp?

i have the 28" but there are only 3 at my house and most of the time it is only 2. i think i have used it 3 times. guess i'm just not a griddler.

Thanks folks for the responses.....So the griddle most of the time will be used to make breakfast for 8 to 10 people....eggs, bacon hash browns, pancakes...I know with 28" I would not be able to do all of the them at the same time.....but perhaps not on the 36 either.....

Jeanie, seeing what you are capable of making, I can see how the 36" may not be enough sometimes.

Thanks folks for the responses.....So the griddle most of the time will be used to make breakfast for 8 to 10 people....eggs, bacon hash browns, pancakes...I know with 28" I would not be able to do all of the them at the same time.....but perhaps not on the 36 either.....

Jeanie, seeing what you are capable of making, I can see how the 36" may not be enough sometimes.
Just what you have listed there =36" hash browns and pancakes take up quite a bit of room. I'm usually cooking for 2-4 ppl and have no problem filling the 36" up.

I have the 28" and love it. I'm usually a proponent of buying the biggest you can afford but I just didn't see the need for a 36" for my family. Maybe if I was going to use it while tailgaiting or huge parties. But even for extended family gatherings I feel like I could cook plenty of burgers, pancakes or whatever was needed on the 28".

Just what you have listed there =36" hash browns and pancakes take up quite a bit of room. I'm usually cooking for 2-4 ppl and have no problem filling the 36" up.

i agree. with this new information i change my vote to the 36".

I guess going bigger is a safer bet for those "just in case" moments....I can justify it financially and my Mrs. seems ok with it.

Whisky, your picture actually put things in perspective.....I can certainly forsee hash browns, 4 eggs and pancakes as breakfast for 2...not to mention bacon/sausage... You can probably throw a few more things on with space optimization but I guess not that much more really.

One difference that no one has mentioned is the heat output. The 36" is 22% bigger than the 28" but the BTU's are double. 30,000 for the 28" and 60,000 for the 36". The best feature of the Blackstone is the hot and fast cooking ability. The bigger griddle is the better choice all the way around except for the price. OP already said the price difference was doable. Git-R-Done!

Well...
I got vetoed by the Mrs....she said go for the 36"...."I don't understand why you would go for the smaller one.....".....can't argue with that logic :-D

It's the right choice for sure. You would be kicking yourself later every time you need a bit of extra space. I don't always use all the burners on mine, you can cook on part of it and use the rest of the space as a holding area or warmer, it works out great!

KC

It is worth the extrs money. I was going to get a 28, but they only had a 36. I could not wait,so I got the 36. I am so happy I got the 36. Once you cook a few different things at one time for a few people, you will need the room. You will love it.

It's the right choice for sure. You would be kicking yourself later every time you need a bit of extra space. I don't always use all the burners on mine, you can cook on part of it and use the rest of the space as a holding area or warmer, it works out great!

KC
This is how I run my 36 on smaller cooks. Start it with all four burners rolling on high. Once the cooking gets going I shut down one of the end burners and that corners is for warming/holding.

Back