THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to all! The cold obviously made it an interesting day. When I arrived at the site I walked around to say hello to the cookers and either folks were huddled inside their cars, vans or campers, or they were bundled up so tight that I could only recognize two or three people! :-D

The cold generated a couple of good stories. Burnt Food Dude almost didn't make it bacause his equipment was in his garage and the garage door was frozen shut. Dr. Chuckie made it to the site on Saturday but when it came time to set up on Sunday the back of his truck was frozen and even a locksmith couldn't get into it :shock:. He cooked a couple of categories on borrowed equipment. Smokehunters ran into trailer problems on the way to the site due to the cold and arrived late. As you can see from the results it didn't hurt him too much. Rick told me that he put his brisket in the WSM at 11:00AM for a 3:00 turn-in! He took first place in brisket :shock: Rick, are you going to show up late for every comp now? :-D

Despite the cold I think everyone had a great time. KRE Smokers (Keith and Rebecca) did a great job organizing the comp and Doug and the gang who ran it did fantastic.

Ron,

Do you mind if I reprint your entry for the Illinois BBQ Society's website and newsletter?

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back