2007 *Exclusive* BBQ Brethren Competition Cooking class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope... Its the Real Deal. :) that would be a REALLY BAD joke..

motoeric said:
By the way, congratulations if this is an insanely elaborate April Fools joke. If it is, my hat's off to you.

Eric

I'm gonna be really ticked off if it is.

BBQchef33 said:
From the responses we got, it seems we had more responses than spots.. I will compile all the responses tonight and give head counts tomorrow.

The suspense is killing me. I just got a callback from my partner. He says he's wants to attend but I told him I don't know if we'll get 2 spots, one or none at all. Fingers crossed.

ok, everyone who sent me a "DEFINITELY" are in. But the only way to guarantee is to pay for the spot. The list of names is longer than spots, so I need ABSOLOUTE COMMITMENT. Payment is one way, or PM me that a checks on the way, or u need some time to pay.. But all payments MUST me in by Jan 30. All those that posted or PM'ed me up to this point that "you're in" will have first crack at the slots.

Several members have allready used the Paypal method.
Go to Paypal at www.paypal.com and click on the "Send Money" tab.

Login, or if you dont already have an ID, create one and hit "Send Money". All u have to do is pay with a credit card, sending it to the BBQ Brethren account. Our account is Banderabros@optonline.net. The whole process takes about 3 minutes.

PLEASE CLEARLY MARK THE TRANSACTION AS DR BBQ CLASS in the comments and subject area.

I am still working on getting the GrillKings Credit card application turned on. That may take a few days.

If you want to use snail mail and send a check, PM me for an address.

Just entered negotiations. There is a wedding that weekend that somebody briefly mentioned but forgot to put on the calendar.

Edit: I'm in, it is just a question of how much it's going to cost me.

I'm going to sign up for Detroit, but I really wish I could make this one instead... Not for the price, though that's nice, but for the company. At least in MI, I can take my smoker with me.

I would love to go to this, just to far to travel right now, espeacially after the holidays. Hopefully you all could bring this more central if you do another one.

BBQchef33 said:
ok, everyone who sent me a "DEFINITELY" are in. But the only way to guarantee is to pay for the spot. The list of names is longer than spots, so I need ABSOLOUTE COMMITMENT. Payment is one way, or PM me that a checks on the way, or u need some time to pay.. But all payments MUST me in by Jan 30. All those that posted or PM'ed me up to this point that "you're in" will have first crack at the slots.

Several members have allready used the Paypal method.
Go to Paypal at www.paypal.com and click on the "Send Money" tab.

Login, or if you dont already have an ID, create one and hit "Send Money". All u have to do is pay with a credit card, sending it to the BBQ Brethren account. Our account is Banderabros@optonline.net. The whole process takes about 3 minutes.

PLEASE CLEARLY MARK THE TRANSACTION AS DR BBQ CLASS in the comments and subject area.

I am still working on getting the GrillKings Credit card application turned on. That may take a few days.

If you want to use snail mail and send a check, PM me for an address.

So am I in or not? Just talked to the wife and she's willing to consider this our Wedding Anniversary since it is April 1. We'll fly to NYC on Friday, see a show, then BBQ on Saturday, fly out Sunday. We'll need to hook up with a team, though. Can't fit the smoker in the overhead on the plane.

DRBBQ, you going to be back at the World Pork Expo / BarBaQlossal in 2007? If so, are you doing a class there?

Its nothing fancy... just a quick webpage i doctored up to allow you to pay with Credit cards or PayPal using Paypals secured transactions. Scroll to the bottom to use a Credit Card.

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR BBQ BRETHEN NAME IN THE COMMENTS SO i KNOW WHO U ARE!

I usually absorb the cost of paypal transactions thru our Brethren operating costs. However, since there is no operating budget built into the price of the class, the paypal fee of 3%+ 30¢ is added into the amount, so u will see the price come up as $155.00. If you want to avoid this fee, then ya gotta send a check or MO.

I'm already in. Looking forward to not having to judge this time and being able to hang out during the whole process.

Plowboy said:
DRBBQ, you going to be back at the World Pork Expo / BarBaQlossal in 2007? If so, are you doing a class there?

No, I'll be there to cook the contest and host the Big Green Egg Scramble. I'm doing 4 classes this year. This one and the 3 that are on my website. I don't expect to add any.

www.drbbq.com

thanks everyone whos making superfast payments.. Lots of trafic on that paypal.. and I got some looking for addresses to send checks..

This is flowing so smooth its amazin!! thanks guys. Dont be surprised if this leads to a Brethren contest in the summer. :mrgreen: Where we can apply what we learn.

I have been looking to go to a bbq class of this calibre for the longest time. The wife got to go to Paul Kirks class but I wasn't able to attend. This type of Competition BBQ Class just doesn't happen in the North East very often so I am a very happy Polock that this time 3 members of my team and I will attend.

Just curious, who's bringing what (cooker wise)? We have 3 WSM's and a kettle but I don't really know if it's worth bringing those.
I was also wondering about the meats. Brisket and butt I assume, but what about the chicken? Whole, 1/2's, 1/4's or thighs? And ribs? Spares, BB's or whatever you prefer? Actually could we get tips on prepping spares and BB's? Thanks.

A complete set of meat for the class is 1 Brisket, 1 butt, 1 rack of ribs and 6 chicken thighs. Doc will chime in if its ok to deviate on the chicken.

You can bring your own, or Willie B will order it and we will have it here for you.

for cookers, we will have 2 big langs, and (BYC, MOAB of needed). We will take a count of whos bring what as get closer and see what we need.

I'll be cooking a large packer cut brisket, a big pork butt, a slab of big spare ribs and 9 thighs. If it were my normal class that's what you would all get so that's what I'd recommend you buy for this.

drbbq said:
I'll be cooking a large packer cut brisket, a big pork butt, a slab of big spare ribs and 9 thighs. If it were my normal class that's what you would all get so that's what I'd recommend you buy for this.

Ray from cooking with you in the past, I am surprised you don't add a couple of breast!
Merl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back