THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

markrvp

Full Fledged Farker
In two days I scored two Weber cookers off of Craigslist. First I got a very lightly used 2006 Weber Smokey Mountain bullet. The guy was asking $150 and I got him down to $135. I bought a larger Brinkman water pan for it and also ordered some 1/4" sensor grommets from C&C. This will probably be the smoker I take on the Boy Scout campouts from now on.

The next day I scored a 2005 Weber Performer for $125. They were asking $175, but took $125. It has been used quite a bit, but everything still works. I checked out the propane assist and it fired right up with a 1 lb propane bottle attached. It came with a cover and a full bag of charcoal ;-) It needs a new top grate. The paint under the Kettle lid is flaking... what should I use to scrape that off and do I need to repaint it? Also, there is some sticky adhesive stuff on the table... what should I use to clean that off.

All-in-all I'm ready to get cooking on these new additions. Oh, there's also a nice offset I spotted today on CL that I've already e-mailed about. This place is kind of like a sickness that just takes you over... I've bought or acquired 7 cookers since last summer :shocked:

WSM.jpg

Performer.jpg

Acetone will remove most anything.
I'd be careful with the acetone as it may melt the plastic table top.

Use Goo-gone on the sticky stuff. Works great!
Yep, Goo-Gone or charcoal lighter fluid may work too. It's the only way lighter fluid should be used in a Weber kettle.

Very nice SCORES!!! by the way.

Back