2 Craigslist Scores! - WSM AND Performer

markrvp

Full Fledged Farker
In two days I scored two Weber cookers off of Craigslist. First I got a very lightly used 2006 Weber Smokey Mountain bullet. The guy was asking $150 and I got him down to $135. I bought a larger Brinkman water pan for it and also ordered some 1/4" sensor grommets from C&C. This will probably be the smoker I take on the Boy Scout campouts from now on.

The next day I scored a 2005 Weber Performer for $125. They were asking $175, but took $125. It has been used quite a bit, but everything still works. I checked out the propane assist and it fired right up with a 1 lb propane bottle attached. It came with a cover and a full bag of charcoal ;-) It needs a new top grate. The paint under the Kettle lid is flaking... what should I use to scrape that off and do I need to repaint it? Also, there is some sticky adhesive stuff on the table... what should I use to clean that off.

All-in-all I'm ready to get cooking on these new additions. Oh, there's also a nice offset I spotted today on CL that I've already e-mailed about. This place is kind of like a sickness that just takes you over... I've bought or acquired 7 cookers since last summer :shocked:

WSM.jpg

Performer.jpg

Back