Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 12th Annual Iowa State BBQ Championship, Marshalltown Iowa, June 25-26

I will be there, making my first visit to Iowa. I'll be cooking solo, which always makes it interesting. How is the set-up, in terms of distance to turn-ins?

We'll be there, sounds like a great contest. Now that the Huskers are in the Big 10 I'll need to wear lots of RED just for Pat!

While I'll agree we've been fortunate (of late) at some events with nice payouts - that doesn't mean we're not trying just as hard to be fortunate in Marshalltown, Mason City, Pleasant Lee ... well you get the picture.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there. Any news on the grounds this year? If M'Town has been receiving as much rain as I have in KC, it's probably a little wet.

I havent heard anything about the park its self but, weather people(who are all ways right) say that the rivers that are up are south of us.

I will be there, making my first visit to Iowa. I'll be cooking solo, which always makes it interesting. How is the set-up, in terms of distance to turn-ins?

If the setup is the same as last year I think the longest walk was less than 5 minutes. The campground has a large circular road going around it and most teams were setup on both sides of that road and the turn ins were in a building off of one side of the circle. Some teams were set up on a spur road off of the circle and they may had had the longest walk.

Access to electricity and water was convenient for everyone I believe.

Parsley anyone?

I'll go get a case from RD Thursday after work as it's on my direct route from work to Iowa. First 3 teams to PM me with their cell phone number can get in on it. No cell #, no parsley. Chances are I have it already anyway. Heard it went up to $22 a case plus tax, so it will be about $6 each.

Now RD has been rumored to have some less than perfect parsley this year - not sure why and I haven't personally seen it. Thus only 4 buyers instead of 5 per case. If that's the case come Thursday night I will text the other buyers by 7 pm Thursday night so they have time to make other garnish arrangements.

The following teams are in on a case of parsley:

Smokehouse -27
Holy Moses
Buster Barker

If others want to go in on a case, I'd be happy to pick up another case since I'm getting one anyway (assuming it's good and in stock). I'll have cooler space.

I heard the park has alot of water right now, but not completely flooded. Plans are to still have it there right now. If I get a chance I will take a drive over and check it out myself.

So what's the word on Marshalltown? Are they full yet? Flooded? I absolutely can't believe it but I'm considering driving up on Friday afternoon if there's space. Would probably come by myself and go light as possible.

So what's the word on Marshalltown? Are they full yet? Flooded? I absolutely can't believe it but I'm considering driving up on Friday afternoon if there's space. Would probably come by myself and go light as possible.

I think we have enough good teams coming in for this one and whooping up on us! Isn't there something closer to home? :becky::icon_shy

Back