100lbs of 7 Different Meats on 2 Traeger’s I’ve Never Cooked On

Gonna wrap here shortly. Looks like food
xjjSW8il.jpg

ECZ8yjXl.jpg

4GnekYFl.jpg

JV6COj2l.jpg

Ya too late for that :mrgreen:. I know it helps to run lower and thought about doing it overnight, but just decided to roll it all today. It is a weird feeling just sitting here watching them and not having to do anything.

With practice, sitting around watching becomes easier :razz:

Sorry to hear about the jam though. Thankfully, I've never had that happen -- only time I've ever had a problem with the temp dropping on the Rectec was when I started it knowing I was almost out of pellets and planned to add them after finishing something around the house. As with all projects, it took longer than expected, by which time I'd totally forgotten about the pellets.

Food is looking good!

Didn't get great pictures of the end since as soon as I started breaking into the 7 meats people started eating :-D.

I've certainly had food cooked on pellet cookers and while the smoke flavor can tend to be more mild this stuff was all great. Plenty of color on the meat, smoke rings on everything and plenty of smoked flavor. And I can't believe we killed almost all that meat. We ended up having less folks (around 30) and all that was left was the turkey carcass, 1 butt and 2 of the beef rib bones. Was a lot of fun :becky:.

9xjEu9tl.jpg

GZpas4hl.jpg

PS4PdOSl.jpg

bk39NpRl.jpg

QeLHM5Cl.jpg

hLqdxZKl.jpg

z3kGGZ5l.jpg

rDQBWd2l.jpg

Swb0DeTl.jpg

zGeqIszl.jpg

8Xhgoell.jpg

PeaadEEl.jpg

bHB9XJMl.jpg

nGSmBX9l.jpg

DUkEPK0l.jpg

4nMA7OFl.jpg

I3FsINtl.jpg

It will be interesting to see what you think of the smoke profile imparted by the Traegers. Not a fan here.

Ya plenty of smoke flavor for me. It isn't a stick burner so definitely different. Also I know that many folks run low temps to get plenty of smoke into the meat, but I ran 275+ and everything came out great. I've only cooked on these things once now (which isn't a big sample size) and probably won't cook on one again anytime soon, but it definitely all rocked.

Back