THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jon
My wife is working late and I had an idea :idea::idea: Let's see, pulled pork in the fridge, MOINKS, and ABTs. So I got out a roll of Pillsbury French Bread Dough, chopped some oinions and green peppers, rolled out the dough, (boy is that a trick) and layered some goodies on it. Set it in the oven at 350* for 40 minutes. Made some slaw with caraway seeds, pepper and the balance of onion and peppers. I added the MOINKs, ABTs and of course my prefered after dinner drink. A glass of my home made perppermint schnapps on the rocks. Sure was tasty.

Last edited:
Great idea, tasty looking bread roll. I never used the Pillsbury dough, but I make my own pizza dough from scratch. If I don't let the pizza dough come to room temp and rest for awhile, it is nearly impossible to roll out. It wants to keep "snapping back" like elastic. As soon as it warms up and rests awhile it rolls out easily. I heard somewhere it has to do with the yeast and gluten in the dough, or something like that.

Back