THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phesant

Babbling Farker
With the sausage throwdown, I checked out my freezer and found some venison meat I had marked for chile, and their with a local sale on pork shoulder, I decided to make up some brats with some left over mix from last year. I present:

Venison Habanero Brats With 2 Cheeses

2 lbs Venison
3 lbs Pork shoulder
2 Habanero’s with seeds & veins removed
Backwoods Brat Seasonings
Colby & Monetery Jack Cheese

Ended up with 4 pounds of brats and 1 pound brat sausage, (had a big brat burger & it was great), I know no pic. blah blah…..

I also made up some Bacon wrapped Brat Balls rolled in my magic dust, anyone have a good name for em?.... I thinking BBB’s.

And some not ABT’s….. just because….. with some of Plow Boys Yardbird Rub….. MSG Rules !!!!

The Brats were creamy and very tastey, the BBB’s were very, very, good....., and the not ABT’s are always great…..

I will do this again…..

Attachments

• DSC00738 (Small).JPG
    DSC00738 (Small).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00740 (Small).JPG
    DSC00740 (Small).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC00745 (Small).JPG
    DSC00745 (Small).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00748 (Small).JPG
    DSC00748 (Small).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00750 (Small).JPG
    DSC00750 (Small).JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00765 (Small).JPG
    DSC00765 (Small).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00768 (Small).JPG
    DSC00768 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00770 (Small).JPG
    DSC00770 (Small).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00772 (Small).JPG
    DSC00772 (Small).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00776 (Small).JPG
    DSC00776 (Small).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
lookin good and nice pics. I looked all over for monetary jack cheese and could not find any - would love to have some in this economy:mrgreen:

looks good Phesant, even though you used that nasty unhealthy Plowboys full of MSG. OBTW, they are great rubs and the links look great.

why are they not ABTs? Anaheims and poblanos rather than japs? They sure look good.

Mmmmm Ken, that looks so tasty!! I love the spicy brown mustard and onions too. Nice! :-D

why are they not ABTs? Anaheims and poblanos rather than japs? They sure look good.

I posted them up one time before and it was hinted :rolleyes: that ABT's are only with Jalapeno's, sooooooo...... I call them not ABT's :biggrin:

Thanx Jeanie, I like them like this and also with sauerkraut and ketchup... (Polish side of me :rolleyes:)

Thanx Bob, Chris, Phubar, Jeff, and everyone else...

Big V maybe next time....:biggrin:

Back