Habanero Chicken & Chicken "Brat" Sausage Making

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Been low on both sausage and thighs so ran to RD and picked up 80lbs of boneless skinless. Bagged up 40lbs for smaller portioning and then ground the other 40lbs.

Of that 40 ground 20 stays simply ground and ready to do anything, but figured I'd also try out 2 new batches of chicken sausage.

Of all the spicier sausages I've made they never reached the threshold of borderline too much for me and inedible for everyone else other than 1 bite :becky:.

So one 10lb batch will have 10lbs of habanero along with some cayenne to tone it down :pray:.

Next 10lb batch is a play on brat type spices and adding in some high temp cheese I have left over in the freezer. Oddly it is labeled Habanero, but has cheddar jack spice at best. Super tasty though.

All I have to do now is mix up the spices with the chicken, give it a pan fry taste and case it up.

nzGaODHl.jpg

sHU8xjcl.jpg

9cDvog7l.jpg

xiAAZ90l.jpg

XuScZGAl.jpg

UNtm8Bcl.jpg

0pc5u5il.jpg

IyyXRiQl.jpg

YFybTjnl.jpg

KnJIo3Wl.jpg

2g7qKjfl.jpg

I've been wondering if you were hiding someplace safe since I have not seen any posts from you recently. I can see that you were playing "chicken", and this may be the most "normal" sausage you have made in a while. If you like yours as hot as the one looks, you may not have to worry about anyone making off with it. Be sure to include a "first bite" pic.

Good to see you back, Jason.

Nice to see the munchkins destroying Dad's work again. Need them to teach my daughter how to handle the heat. :roll:

I see some mean sausages in your future. Have a great weekend.

I really have to stop drinking all that cough syrup in the mornings :loco:. It was 6oz of habenero in that batch. Back to my lack of concentration :becky:

OK that's better...
!0 pounds with 10 pounds...That's the stuff that nightmares are made of...

Been low on both sausage and thighs so ran to RD and picked up 80lbs of boneless skinless. Bagged up 40lbs for smaller portioning and then ground the other 40lbs.

No offense, Jason, but us unwashed masses are having a hard time even finding and buying any chicken. Nothing like scoring, hoarding, and bragging about it.

Insensitive post, man.

Enjoy your 80 pounds of chicken while the rest of us seek what we can get.

Last edited:
No offense, Jason, but us unwashed masses are having a hard time even finding and buying any chicken. Nothing like scoring, hoarding, and bragging about it.

Insensitive post, man.

Enjoy your 80 pounds of chicken while the rest of us seek what we can get.

Man it's weird as around here there hasn't been too crazy shortage of anything. RD didnt have a ton of beef or pork, but decent amount of chicken.

Now I don't have to get anything for at least a month :becky:

Really nothing stopping anyone from driving to Georgia and scoring some chicken. Even in small ass Monroe I was able to get "recut" chicken wings for 1.99 a pound. I assume those were the bad cuts of wings.

Man it's weird as around here there hasn't been too crazy shortage of anything. RD didnt have a ton of beef or pork, but decent amount of chicken.

Now I don't have to get anything for at least a month :becky:

The meat shortage has hit hard here, You can't find chicken here....it's like gold. Beef is sporadic but getting very expensive. Pork is the same.

I didn't want to slam your original post, but 80 pounds of chicken is beyond gold here where I live.

You have it good. Some of us do not.

The meat shortage has hit hard here, You can't find chicken here....it's like gold. Beef is sporadic but getting very expensive. Pork is the same.

I didn't want to slam your original post, but 80 pounds of chicken is beyond gold here where I live.

You have it good. Some of us do not.

I hear ya and know you would never have bad intent. Sorry to hear it ain't good in your area for meat.

If anything with restaurants being slow the RDs have opened to the public to help move things. This was a standard purchase for me regardless of the times. Beef prices have gone up a ton though. Haven't bought beef in a while.

Back