Duck-Loaf with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Cream

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
A meatloaf made from a fresh young Duck hen ground and mixed with a Shallot Cream Sauce and Rice Pilaf containing a blend of Wild & Brown Rices with Crimini Mushrooms, Fresh Sage, Chopped Pecans and Dried Sour Cherries, then smoked using Peach wood and finally coated with a Cherry Balsamic Honey Glaze. Sliced and topped with crumbled Goat Cheese and drizzled with Balsamic Cream.

r_IMG_0620.jpg

r_IMG_0622.jpg

r_IMG_0624.jpg

r_IMG_0626.jpg

r_IMG_0629.jpg

r_IMG_0632.jpg

r_IMG_0635.jpg

r_Flip01-11.jpg

r_IMG_0637.jpg

r_IMG_0642.jpg

r_IMG_0645.jpg

r_IMG_0647.jpg

r_IMG_0649.jpg

r_IMG_0651.jpg

r_IMG_0654.jpg

r_IMG_0655.jpg

r_IMG_0658.jpg

r_IMG_0660.jpg

r_IMG_0663.jpg

r_IMG_0665.jpg

r_IMG_0667.jpg

r_IMG_0670.jpg

I am impressed, what did you do with Chris? I mean, you get a blog and now start grinding up duck and making duck cracklins? What next, potatoes fried in duck fat?

Wow, Never would have thought of that... and when I read the thread title i was a little skeptical to be honest! But... yah!!! I'd SO hit that! Did you use any other seasonings in the duck meat?

Cheers

Wow, Never would have thought of that... and when I read the thread title i was a little skeptical to be honest! But... yah!!! I'd SO hit that! Did you use any other seasonings in the duck meat?

Cheers
Just salt mixed into the meat just after grinding, after which it went into the fridge for a few hours while I rendered the fat and made the other things that went into it. I wanted to throw in some Chinese 5-spice, but decided against it. Since I had never made a meatloaf with duck before, and had a flavorful pilaf and glaze, I didn't want to push it.

Wow, you are really channeling your inner Julia Child. How were the duck skin cracklins?

That loaf looks really good. Love the goat cheese crumble.

Back