Black Betty is born-I'm a proud Drumhead

radmanct

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
To fully appreciate this post please open the following link in a new window. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo

My first attempt to post pictures.

The UDS, a big thanks to my FIL and irrad8 for their help and of course to all the great knowledge here. I'm just waiting on a basket to be built before I fire her up. I used a Char-Broil kettle lid to take advantage of the hinge.

Attachments

• uds.bmp
    101.7 KB · Views: 268
  • uds5.bmp
    101.7 KB · Views: 257
  • uds4.bmp
    101.7 KB · Views: 254
  • uds3.bmp
    101.9 KB · Views: 254
  • uds2.bmp
    101.9 KB · Views: 255
  • uds1.bmp
    101.9 KB · Views: 259
Whoa-oh Black Betty Blam-a-lam...:biggrin: Nice job brother drummer! :p

That looks exelent! Man, I've got to get my drum finished :redface:.

That's great, I like that lid hinge...does it fit the drum pretty tight?

yes the lid fits perfectly right out of the box.

I was lucky, Menards had the grill on sale for 30 bucks. I can use the lid, grate, and charcoal grate. I used the handle for the bottom to repair an old weber lid for a UDS I built a co-worker.

Congratulations on your Build, Looking forward to your Future DrumPron:-D

To fully appreciate this post please open the following link in a new window. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo

My first attempt to post pictures.

The UDS, a big thanks to my FIL and irrad8 for their help and of course to all the great knowledge here. I'm just waiting on a basket to be built before I fire her up. I used a Char-Broil kettle lid to take advantage of the hinge.
I like the hinge on the kettle lid. Do you have any detail photos of the hinge setup, preferably .jpg?

Luc

bam-a-lam brother!!!! Farkin cool hinged lid mod. Git-er-done and post some pics.

What JD said! Welcome to the club!
(Now I can't seem to get that song out of my head.:shock:)

What JD said! Welcome to the club!
(Now I can't seem to get that song out of my head.:shock:)
no chit...going to bewith me all night, which isn't a bad thing. This will be a good thread to follow. The brethren get all over a cool new mod like this one.

no chit...going to bewith me all night, which isn't a bad thing. This will be a good thread to follow. The brethren get all over a cool new mod like this one.
A good thing for sure. :biggrin:

I will try with the jpeg pictures. Not sure where you can the hinges unless you can order directly from Char-Broil.

Attachments

• Hinge.jpg
    Hinge.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Hinge 1.jpg
    Hinge 1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 122
  • Hinge 2.jpg
    Hinge 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Hinge 3.jpg
    Hinge 3.jpg