Opinions: New Lodge Fish Pan?

OK, I found a coupon that got me to $96 incl shipping, so I pulled the trigger.

TheWife.com will likely fuss, but its OK. She gets tired of me saying "I don't do drugs, gamble, or chase women- I just play with meat.", but it's true.

Standby for updates.

David

I have to put that on my want list as soon as I find a place to store it. I'm hoping to build an outdoor kitchen this year but that's another story.

It would be awesome for a fish/shrimp/chicken fry. I have a small Teflon coated roasting pan I make a dish in on the gas stove that would be awesome on the smoker/pit/pellet grill.

Imagine searing these with smoke and then the whole cook with smoke rolling instead of in the oven.
Brown the meat either pork chops or chicken thighs then saute onions, bells and celery. Seared over coals would be awesome
100-2008.jpg

I added home grown white corn, green beans and mushrooms. That's a can of cream of mushroom soup, since then I've been adding a can of cream of celery too but I mix them together in a bowl with a little water and add after I add the meat.
100-2009.jpg

Add the meat and stir it around to distribute the soup/gravy, season again and bring to a boil before I set it in the oven. I try to keep the veggies together so it's easy to serve.
100-2012.jpg

375 in the oven for 75 minutes and it transforms into a delicacy. I serve it with egg noodles.
100-2014.jpg

You just took the Holy Trinity of Cajun cooking to a whole new level! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh....I'm stealing this recipe. I don't cook for a crowd often but this will be perfect and EASY.

That's a cool pan, pull the trigger and give us a review!

Follow up: I received the pan last week. That sucker is BIG! and pretty heavy.

I haven't had an opportunity to cook with it yet, but will do so soon. It appears to have been designed to span two burners for frying. It fits over my stovetop burners perfectly.

However, I am thinking that it would be great to roast in. Maybe a porchetta?

Standby for more...

Back