New Braunfels Bandera, Char Broil or Other?

AspenTD

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was just given this smoker and am curious...is it a New Braunfels, Char Broil or some other brand? Its got two small bolts above the thermometer but no emblem. I do live in Austin, TX so there's a strong chance its a New Braunfels. Are there any clues that would tell me?

Thanks,
AspenTD

P.S. Smoking 4 Cornish Hens, and 2 Slabs of Pork Ribs behind door #1!

Attachments

• New Bandera Smoker.jpg
    New Bandera Smoker.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 236
I'm no expert, but it looks like the real deal to me. Great score!

Edit** FYI, there seems to be a LOT of billowy white smoke leaking out from the lower left door area, and tons of the nasty white stuff from the exhaust. I hope there was no food in there....

With a clean cook you should see barely any smoke at all. Or maybe a bit of TBS (thin blue smoke).

The old Char-Broil website for parts and accessories there were a chitload of models for the Bandera, they may look alike, and have similar universal parts #'s but they also made branded ones for specific dealers.
When I placed an order for a couple parts and a cover, the CS rep told me there were over 30 varieties of the Bandera at one time.

Free smokers are the best kinds to have! Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice guys. Ropo, no food was harmed in the stoking of this fire. That was just my initial preheat. And Swamprb, you're are absolutely right. A free smoker is certainly the best kind!

I just rescued a NB today.

It has the name plate where your bolts are and a similar thermometer.

Check the thermometer, mine has the NB name & logo on the bottom.

It looks like my NB Bandera the bolts look to be in the same spot as the ones for the NB nameplate. I got mine as a gift too, somehow that makes the food taste even better.

Check the thermometer, mine has the NB name & logo on the bottom.

I agree. Look at the thermometer, if it's a New Braunfels, the thermometer will have a New Braunfels/Oklahoma Joes logo on the dial face.

It does look an awful lot like an NB Bandera and with your location in Austin, TX, the odds are in your favor.

I used to live just outside of Austin and I have a NB Bandera. Yours looks exactly like mine. Nice!

I bought a Brinkman cover for mine it's a mirror image of the NB. Their logo winds up on the back side. So what!

How flexible is the door? A true, early NB Bandera will be fairly tough to bend, while later models will warp in your hands easily...

Back