THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan2276

Hello All,

I recently procured a New Braunfels Bandera from a friend for $75.00. For the past 3 years of my smoking experience, I used a COS made by Char-Broil that I bought at Home Depot.

What a change!

The COS needed constant attention to keep at the right temperature. I found with the Bandera I just had to adjust the vents a little, every so often, and was able to keep it between 225-235 very easily.

Also, while it was hard to get it to initial temperature, and I had to use a lot of charcoal to do so, by the time it was to temperature, I had to use very little fuel. I got a 11 hour smoke (shoulder and baby backs) out of 2 oak logs (Which i turned to charcoal in my fire pit) and half a bag of Kingsford Blue.

I am sold, and will be experimenting a lot more now. I look forward to becoming a more active member of your community!

Dan

Fantastic - a Bandera! That design was the early foundation of this forum ... way back when.

Welcome... and congrats on the recent find!

Love my Bandera.
My son and I with a couple of his friends just finished the Stagecoach Music Festival. KCBS, ICBA, and a chili comp, out of 8 categories we walked in 5. Chicken on a Weber, and the ribs, pork, brisket, and PC all off the Bandera. One 8 hour, and two 14 hour cooks over the three days without a hitch. Solid temp control and some of the prettiest boxes I've ever turned in.

Back