New Kingsford

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Saw on another site about a new Kingsford briq. Majority seem to state it doesn't perform as well as the regular. Is this a new formula replacing regular K briqs? Anyone know anything about it?

Ty

Great - that's all we need. A little R&D performed by some dumbasses to replace a good product.

I have not used the new product but from what I have read it looks as if they are catering to the grilling crowd, lites off quicker with heat spikes because of that feature.
Sounds like DuraFlame can make big strides if they are smart and understand what we are looking for.
Jim

Lets face it. There is probably alot more money to be made catering to the weekend griller who grills a steak or some burgers that catering to us afficiandos.

I guess it's time to stock up on the original. You yankees get it on clearance this time of year. We hardly even see a sale.

Ty

thillin said:
I guess it's time to stock up on the original. You yankees get it on clearance this time of year. We hardly even see a sale.

Ty

No sale, but I did order a full pallet from the fleet store. Keep running out and our local wally world doesn't even stock it this time of year.

Looks like the new briqs come in 41lb double pack. Same price as the 48lb double is what was posted. So check the bag weights guys.

Send Kingsford an email asking if they are changing their product.......I did......

Kevin orders his charcoal by the pallet. Cool. :cool:

Kingsford never goes on sale in the winter, if anything they jack the price higher unless of course you go to Sam's where it is always the same price.

Last sept I bought 2 pallets here in south dakota at wally world and paid under $5.00 a bag. Man when you got a good thing someone always has to screw it up. Now did they change the formula other than the groves on the brick it self?

Both HD and Lowes are out of Kingsford here in Cali.

Smoker said:
Scott,

Who do u order a pallet from?
I knew a guy who had a dog kennel, he got with his local wally world and struck up a deal on old roy dog food. They brought the semi truck to his kennel and i helped unload it . Might pay just to ask mgmt at the store to see what they can do.

Response from email to Kingsford

Kingsford's response to my email...

Reference Number: 4318127

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting us about Kingsford Regular Charcoal. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

We are coming out with a new formula, however, the Kingsford Original will still be the same. The Kingsford Original will still be available.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Brandon Goodman

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

Bigmista said:
Both HD and Lowes are out of Kingsford here in Cali.

HD in Charlotte, NC has the twin 24#-packs of Kingsford for $11.00. My wife wanted to know what I was planning on doing with just under 300#'s of charcoal. I just couldn't resist.

RichardF said:
HD in Charlotte, NC has the twin 24#-packs of Kingsford for $11.00. My wife wanted to know what I was planning on doing with just under 300#'s of charcoal. I just couldn't resist.

And that my friend, is the difference between living where there is a demand for the supply, and here in frost bite falls where I can't even buy k at the local wally world this time of year. Paid $8.49 for a 20# bag at the grocery store. I've never seen the 24# available here. I did order a pallet from the fleet store, but for him to get a decent price he ordered it for march delivery.

Good to hear the Kingsford original will be the same, I was starting to worry that I would have to start buying by the pallet.

I don't blame you guys up north buying it like that, down here we always are able to get it at Wal-Mart of Sam's but it's always the same price.

Back