Chicken , Fatty ABT"S and Pig Candy - Pron

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well I have be way behind on the pron production and got the chance to take pics before the food all disappeared -

Drum Chicken - Yard Bird Rub .. yes it was bite through - a first for me and I blame the yard bird, first bird with this rub and its is top shelf stuff for sure! Thanks plow boys!!

Fatty - Jimmy Dean's Hot rolled in brown sugar and dusted lightly with the yard bird - loved it - cant wait to make sammies in the morning with the rest.

ABT's Red japs stuffed with a brown sugar sweetened cream cheese dusted with Yard Bird wrapped in maple bacon - spicy sweet with a nice after glow resembling cinnamon , the balence was a little over to the sweet side, could have used a touch of something to offset the sweet ...

Pig Candy - maple bacon with brown sugar dusted with yard bird

Attachments

• 5-24-08 chicken.jpg
    5-24-08 chicken.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 114
Looks great. I got a little creeped out, though. That chicken is staring at me just like Mom used to when I did something bad (of course Mom isn't headless).

no that drum is pitifully empty --

here is what a MOSTLY full drum looks like

Chicken on a drum
chxonadrum.jpg

and keep in mind these words from NotleyQue "I believe I could have fit 2 more on."

The chickens were done Beer can style, I used plowboys Yardbird rub, and a little injection in the breast meat (also did the ice on the breast ((Thanx Country)) and a nice 1.5 hour smoke. I had my friend help me with the chickens, and I credit 4 hands instead of 2 allowing me to get 7 chickens in the drum. I believe I could have fit 2 more on.

and thats just one rack ...

Good Job, I gotta try a Whole Chicken sometime...

Back