Cooking for a girl this week, need ideas

Fajaitas....
IMG_9792.jpg

EMAW my Brother....EMAW!

Excellent idea thanks!! I'll consider it.

and yes

EMAW

to you too

My experience is that most women do not over indulge in heavy meals; i.e. those that have large pieces of meat as the focal point. A steak, green veggie and a salad can be a good place to start. Poultry, like smoked chicken legs or breasts can be a safe one too...

Kinda like asking for directions while on a motor trip, you can always ask her what she'd like to have. That way you are showing you care what she likes...

I think I've been married too long, my sensitive side is gushing all over the place!

I'm with Desert Dweller, Nice Steak grilled just right, salad and maybe some grilled zucchini as a vegetable..........healthy and she can eats just what she is comfortable with.

Hmmm, I would hold off on the asparagus, (I wont explain it on a public board) maybe some portabellos in butter and teriyaki sauce in foil and some really good steaks. Worked for me, She married me.

Just a quick heads up. If you do this and impress her, and if you eventually get married, you will be doing ALL the cooking. :biggrin: NTTIAWWT

Just saying ........

Oh, and you might want to go with a nice filet or NY strip if you choose steaks. Some chicks don't like all the extra fat on a ribeye. When I was single, I also liked to cook Italian. Grilled chicken alfredo always worked well. Some white wine and a ceasar salad. Some more wine, and for desert.....

Seafood work nicely (shrimp, scallops and veggies). You can do some grilled pineapple over ice creams for dessert.

I too say leave the asparugus thing alone unless.....:twisted::shock::biggrin:

Pork tenderloin would be my vote. I heard it has less fat then boneless skinless chicken breast so a good choice for the more health conscious, grills up pretty quick, and will definitely impress the heck out of her with your culinary skills.

Hmmm, I would hold off on the asparagus, (I wont explain it on a public board) maybe some portabellos in butter and teriyaki sauce in foil and some really good steaks. Worked for me, She married me.

It was Jambalaya on the first date for me.

Just a quick heads up. If you do this and impress her, and if you eventually get married, you will be doing ALL the cooking. :biggrin: NTTIAWWT

Just saying ........

I am living this one.

Yeah...scratch that asparagus from the menu... I wasn't thinking clearly:wink:

Back