Mahi Mahi lotsa pron

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
I received some most excellent advice on camera usage from my friend Gore and had to experiment with tonight's grilling. On the menu was marinated yello squash/vidalia onion/red bell pepper/garlic in evoo, Todd's Dirt and Todd's Bayou, marinated asparagus in evoo, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, Mahi Mahi in some off the shelf lemon pepper marinade (next time we're going to make our own sesame ginger) and some bacon wrapped apple wedges with cinnamon and brown sugar. Threw in a pic of the Grates of Hell because the coals were so purty. Thank you for the advice Gore! More practice in the future.
Thanks for looking.

Drat! Hit submit instead of manage attachments.

:redface:

Attachments

• veggies.jpg
    veggies.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 292
  • gus1.jpg
    gus1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 516
  • apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 293
  • apple1.jpg
    apple1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 293
  • fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 293
  • fish 5.jpg
    fish 5.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 291
  • fish 6.jpg
    fish 6.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 291
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 290
  • fish4.jpg
    fish4.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 515
  • grates of hell.jpg
    grates of hell.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,128
Looks great!
I tied Mahi Mahi last week. For a non fish eater I need to play around with it some more

Looks great!
I tied Mahi Mahi last week. For a non fish eater I need to play around with it some more
We had never had Mahi Mahi before tonight and I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely give it another try.

Guerre, very nice. What did Gore teach you? I need help.:becky: Or is it ecode that takes the pron":laugh:

Guerry gets down to the level of his food...I like the new Pron style Guerry!
From here on out it's only gonna get better!:cool:

Wow Guerry, you're giving your food the justice it deserves!
Looks delicious!
I really appreciated the advice Gore. Somehow, I just had a mental block about getting on the right level. I could recognize it in other people's photography but just couldn't SEE it. I don't know how long it would have taken me to make that connection without your thoughtful critique. Now, if I can only hold the camera steady enough when the light is low and I don't want to use the flash! (Tripod mod?:becky:)

Thanks Guerry, glad I could help (and that you can see the difference). The surprising thing is how much improvement you'll still see two months from now. I know what you mean about not seeing it yourself. Of course, my wife had to drill it into me.

Tripod definitely helps a LOT (no, I'm too lazy to get mine out, but I try to brace the camera on something). Outside is best. A flash is ok, but I step back and zoom in, otherwise it oversaturates.

I love those shots with the veggies! They really look tasty.

With Redhot doing the plating now, and Gore being my new director of photography, no one is going to recognize my photos anymore.:becky:

Oh Boy, I'd hit that!

Nice pics!

Cheers!

Bill
Beats eggplant, eh, Bill?

Beautiful shots of beautiful food G. Nice work.
Thanks Gary. A simple thing improved my photography almost immediately.

NYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!
(errr.....that's a really drawn out "NICE!")

Purty fire, for sure!
I love the color of redhot coals.:becky:

Awesome. Beautiful looking fish. And I love the grates of hell. Reminds me of the sauna in the penalty box.
There's a SAUNA?:shock: Thanks Rob!

Back