The Dr. is in for Thanksgiving

Thanks, Jorge.
Nice vid.
Good to be reminded that stuff don't have to be complicated to be good.

I think many cooks overthink turkey. It's just a big chicken, add some flavor and cook it!

I've done this method the last few years. Only thing I do different is use a butter paste outside the bird mixed with some rub. I did a brine earlier this week and the wife still like the creole butter much better then the brine.

Did you notice what color Thermapen the good doctor was using to check that bird?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The color of money!

Thanks for the post. I'm going to do my first Turkey this weekend, now no worries.

Excellent video, Ray. You kept it simple and it came out great.

Thanks. These videos aren't meant to be a cooking class. Matter of fact this one is way longer than we want them to be. They should be just a quick primer even for the more complicated stuff, and the recipes are right there on the page with a print button.

According to Michael, he's not a real doctor. Just saying.

That's great Ray. I've been doing turkeys that way for probably 10 years with the only difference being I used an ECB instead of a Weber. Got one thawed out to go on the UDS early tomorrow and another one to hit the deep fryer.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

nice doc! i get into trouble real quick if i don't keep it simple. i'm in trouble all the time though. hmmmmm :biggrin:

Michael just watched this with me. He said that you did a pretty good job.

We made a chocolate pound cake together this afternoon. Tonight he's helping dad with the pumpkin pie and prep the turkey. Want to get him involved in the meal this year. Both boy's interest in cooking has grown. It is fun to grill or get in the kitchen together.

Kinda like the Cajun fried turkey taste without all that oil. Thanks for the video Ray!

According to Michael, he's not a real doctor. Just saying.

Trust me, i'm a Dr. mod

Thanks for the vid. Gonna try the injection trick on the next one.

Nice video! My big bird just hit the UDS.

Anyone want to share their reheating tricks? I need to deliver this bird an hour away by 1pm tomorrow.

Creole butter sauce can't be beat! Though I'm new to smoking, I've been injecting chicken and turkeys for years..

Back