2007 *Exclusive* BBQ Brethren Competition Cooking class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A BBQ Brethren Exclusive [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]brought to our members [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in conjunction with [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grill Kings and Willie B's BBQ Restaurant[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dr. BBQ's Real Deal BBQ Cooking Class[/FONT]
Held at Grillkings HQ, Franklin Square L.I.
(30 mins east of NYC)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Full 2 Day [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Competition Cooking Class taught by[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ray Lampe a.k.a. Dr. BBQ[/FONT]​

$150.00 p/p Brethren Exclusive!
(checks or credit cards)​

Join The Brethren teams and individual members as we do a full mock competition, taught by one of BBQ's favorite Champions.

Just as a competitions go, the class goes straight through the night, with everyone prepping and cooking their own chicken, ribs, pork butt and beef brisket.

You can bring the meats or it will be provided to you by Willie B's BBQ restaurant at a nominal cost. Bring or order all 4 meats, or only those you are interested in cooking. Its up to you. Cook all 4 categories, or only the ones you want. We will supply the championship sauces and seasoning. We will also include Dinner Saturday Night and Breakfast Sunday Morning.

3-4 large cookers will be available to share, or come with your own. We will be inside and out, so dress warm, but we can go indoors at any time. This is being held at the same place as the judging classes.

Dr. BBQ will share all contest secrets, from meat prep, trimming, injections, seasonings, cooking techniques and professional presentation. Although the class is aimed at KCBS contests, novice cooks attend, have a great time and bring the knowledge of championship BBQ back to the Backyard.
Saturday March 31 and April 1st at the Grill Kings Building in Franklin Square. L.I.

There are quite a few teams winning and giving big credit to this class. The class will be wrapped up at around 1:00 on Sunday, and your leftovers are yours to take home.​

Class is limited to about 20 people and we are already full. If interested, post here, PM me or send email to Banderabros@optonline.net to reserve a spot. CLICK HER We will be accepting Paypal, checks, or credit cards and spots must be booked by Jan 30.

More details to follow and we will keep you posted.​

Okay, if I come out for this, can I join one of the NY teams?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Gosh Phil, Wished I could attend that class. Wonder what airfare and hotel room would costs?
I figure this is the bargain of the year......sure as heck wished it was closer to Michigan.
One heck of a deal for Brethren Memebers. Thanks to you and Dr. Bbq for putting on an awesome program.

Mike

bbqbull said:
Gosh Phil, Wished I could attend that class. Wonder what airfare and hotel room would costs?
I figure this is the bargain of the year......sure as heck wished it was closer to Michigan.
One heck of a deal for Brethren Memebers. Thanks to you and Dr. Bbq for putting on an awesome program.

Mike

Skip the hotel. You'll be cooking all night. :wink:

Phil,

I am in - just got the OK from the wife!

How do we pay?

I thinkin I may be in Phil!!! If our Aunt in Brooklyn is going to be in town... we're just going to make a family trip of it. Girl time for the girls, and Que time for dad :)

I'll need to use one of the "shared" cookers if possible. Unless there is room for my toy hauler:twisted:

Cross your fingers!!!!

I'm really interested and would like to attend. Please give me all the details.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Could you give directions?

I'm not sure if I can attend or not, but I wanted to say 'thanks' for setting this up. It's much appreciated!

Eric

Damn!!! Why do I have to live in Texas???
533.gif

Wow, Phil.....what an awesome opportunity! :-o What a bummer that it's the same time as Grillin' on the Bay...:cry: I guess the stars were not aligned this time.....Thanks for putting this thing together. It sounds like it's gonna be a great time.....

That's gonna be some bbq weekend, eh?

CTSmokehouse said:
I'm really interested and would like to attend. Please give me all the details.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Could you give directions?

I can't help with the directions but I'm sure Phil will get them to you by March.
I can tell you how the class will go though. I'll prep a brisket and tell you all about it. I'll help a couple people prep theirs in front of the class and then you'll all go to your stations and prep yours. I'll walk around and coach everyone. Same with pork, ribs and chjicken. After cooking all night, the next day we'll do the same procedure for slicing and presenting. In most of my classes I supply the meat and everyone cooks on their own but for this one we're giving you the option of not cooking or sharing to keep the cost down.

Any questions just ask.

I'm in. What time does this start? I need to arrange travel and all that nonsense. My cooking buddy Bob will more than likely attend.I will check with him tonight and get back with you.

Anyone gonig to be flying this one solo? I would rather team up with someone local and share the meat costs and they can take it home as I will probably be jumping a flight right after.

Keepin' my fingers crossed hoping the Dr. makes a swing through the Pacific Northwest!

parrothead said:
I'm in. What time does this start? I need to arrange travel and all that nonsense. My cooking buddy Bob will more than likely attend.I will check with him tonight and get back with you.

Anyone gonig to be flying this one solo? I would rather team up with someone local and share the meat costs and they can take it home as I will probably be jumping a flight right after.

Typically we start setup at Noon and the class begins at 3:00. We're usually finished up by about 1:00pm the next day.

I expect that will be the schedule.

bbqbull said:

Mike

Hey Mike, maybe we can arrange for the good Dr to come to Michigan ?? We have quite a few Michiganders on here, as well as some of the Brothers from the surrounding states ? Something to think about...

I'm doing a class in Detroit in April, but it isn't $150 and you don't get to hang with all the Brethren.
www.drbbq.com

:icon_sleepy Darn the luck, Just got reminded that I'll be at a wedding here, and that our NYC Aunt is going to be in town for it as well. FARRRkk!! You boys are gonna have a hellova time. Maybe we'll have to set up a brethren class for the mid-west also, if the good Dr. is willing to do the same format for a group of us here. Pick like MO, KS, or IL, etc. and do a midwest bash around it....

Due to the great response, i will talk to Doc about doing these in a few other states. His schedule is REALLY REALLY tight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back