buckboard bacon cure

hdis2002

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I really want to try this, but I can't bring myself to pay $10 in shipping for a product that costs $6. The Bass Pro shop here doesn't carry it. Anyone know of other stores that might stock this or am I just out of luck?

Steve

I get it at Sportsmans Warehouse. I heard the online prices had gone up....so if you strike out I can buy it for $4.50, so you would save a little bit. I wonder if they mark-up shipping too??

Anyway, I drive right by that store every day and go to the PO every two days. Drop me a PM if interested.

You could just use tenderquick and brown sugar. I think that is what several brethren have done. there is a thread on here somewhere concerning that option.

i have use tenderquick it work great for me. Just follow package direction

Yep - use tenderquick and always happy with the results.

I use 50/50 mix of tenderquick and brown sugar. Before smoking it I inject with a 50/50 mixture of maple syrup and apple juice. Comes out fantastic every time.

NUTZ

I really want to try this, but I can't bring myself to pay $10 in shipping for a product that costs $6. The Bass Pro shop here doesn't carry it. Anyone know of other stores that might stock this or am I just out of luck?

Steve

I have it at the store and can give you a shipping quote if you send me your zip code in a PM.

I was hoping to launch full internet sales this week, but it looks like next week now.

Steve

once you try it , you'll like it, so order several boxes. they also have lot of other good products. maybe you can put together mulitiple orders and still have everything shipped for the ten bucks.

I get it at Sportsmans Warehouse. I heard the online prices had gone up....so if you strike out I can buy it for $4.50, so you would save a little bit. I wonder if they mark-up shipping too??

Anyway, I drive right by that store every day and go to the PO every two days. Drop me a PM if interested.
i was there tonight it was the sam price in lexington ky

How much is the jerky prices in your area? HiMountain site is now 7.15 for the jerky kits these days. Can I get it cheaper somewhere else?

How much is the jerky prices in your area? HiMountain site is now 7.15 for the jerky kits these days. Can I get it cheaper somewhere else?

DSC04953h.jpg

Locally, their jerky seasoning is $6.99. Still an excellent deal.

Back