Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
Got this email from Ink Bird yesterday:

[FONT=&quot]Dear INKBIRD PRO app users,
In order to offer you better app experience, INKBIRD has launched a brand new app called “INKBIRD APP” and integrated all INKBIRD products into it.
INKBIRD will stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app from all Android and IOS app stores on May 1st, 2023 (Beijing Time), please do make sure that you have downloaded and registered our new app “INKBIRD” by the date we stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app.
INKBIRD PRO app will still work for those users who have downloaded and used it and all of its functions WILL NOT be affected by this event. But we do recommend those users who have downloaded and used INKBIRD PRO app to download and register our INKBIRD app for better service and use experience.
If you decide to switch from INKBIRD PRO app to INKBIRD app, please download INKBIRD app directly from the link: https://inkbird.com/pages/app[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And PLEASE KINDLY NOTICE THAT WE CANNOT MIGRATE OR SYNCHRONIZE DATA AMONG THESE TWO APPS BECAUSE OF TECHNICAL ISSUES, SO WHEN YOU SWITCH TO INKBIRD APP, THE DATA OF YOUR FORMER APP WILL BE LOST. WE FEEL DEEPLY SORRY FOR YOUR DATA LOOSE IF HAPPENS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]INKBIRD is always keeping making every efforts to offer our users bettter and better products and services, while we may bring you some inconvenience in the course of making such kind of efforts, we DO feel sorry for any inconvenience you may encounter with, please offer your understanding and forgiveness and we will make all better and better.
If you need any support from us in the course of switching from INKBIRD PRO app to INKBIRD APP, please send your e-mails to support@inkbird.com and our team will offer help to you ASAP.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
THANK YOU FOR ALL.
Good luck to us all.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The new app "from InkBird Pro to InkBird App" will take effect May 1st (Beijing time). We have the INDL which would make it around 3PM, May 2nd here (I think).
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I switched internet services a while back and have been unable to connect with my existing Ink Bird devices. I hope this App fixes that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have done several reviews on Ink Bird products and they are Great when they work properly. At present I can still use them Stand Alone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I review a product It will be Honest. Same applies when it does not work well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We'll see...
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mike
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I’m happy with my INKBIRD thermometers and Sous Vide.

My question is why it is not going to be available in the OS stores?
I'm a fan of InkBird but not going to download a phone app straight from a web page.
Apple and Google have some testing for malicious apps.

This is what gives me pause on it in the current environment.
From that web page:

"INKBIRD is making efforts to help our customers build a better smart home and a better smart home living. Now we can connect and control all of our INKBIRD devices in one app to make complicated things simple and to make hard things easy.
With this app, we can control and monitor our INKBIRD smart controllers, food thermometers, smart sensors and sous vide cookers, and we can build our own IoT home for a smart home living."

I'm a fan of InkBird but not going to download a phone app straight from a web page.

From that web page:

"INKBIRD is making efforts to help our customers build a better smart home and a better smart home living. Now we can connect and control all of our INKBIRD devices in one app to make complicated things simple and to make hard things easy.
With this app, we can control and monitor our INKBIRD smart controllers, food thermometers, smart sensors and sous vide cookers, and we can build our own IoT home for a smart home living."

Yes, this seams very suspect.

I like inkbird stuff but there apps don't have good reviews. Don't really need to control any remotely.

<snip>

My wife gave me an InkBird for Christmas. I wanted a thermaworks but I’m sure the InkBird was cheaper. Anyways I just downloaded the new app on my iPhone from the App Store. The QR codes may take you to their website, but the apps are available in the AppStore.

You've always been able to side load onto Android and avoid the store altogether.

Don't have a false sense of security that the apps in the Android store are any safer than your side loaded apps. I have needed to side load developer kits to fix the features Google refuses to address.

With that being said, the source country on this one would give me pause. In a society based on gathering data, I wouldn't risk any of these apps, store certified or not.....

ttps://gizmodo.com/android-xiamoi-oneplus-phones-personal-info-study-1850082989

Got this email from Ink Bird yesterday:
[FONT=&quot]I switched internet services a while back and have been unable to connect with my existing Ink Bird devices. I hope this App fixes that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have done several reviews on Ink Bird products and they are Great when they work properly. At present I can still use them Stand Alone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I review a product It will be Honest. Same applies when it does not work well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We'll see...
[/FONT]

Did you confirm that the app is trying to connect to 2.4 ghz band and not the 5 ghz band?

My wife gave me an InkBird for Christmas. I wanted a thermaworks but I’m sure the InkBird was cheaper. Anyways I just downloaded the new app on my iPhone from the App Store. The QR codes may take you to their website, but the apps are available in the AppStore.

Per his notice from Inkbird:

INKBIRD will stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app from all Android and IOS app stores on May 1st, 2023 (Beijing Time)

I gave my High School BBQ Team a 4-probe model w/ Wi-Fi and BT to monitor rack temps.
I'm thinking I'll have then toss it and move over to something else.

Per his notice from Inkbird:

INKBIRD will stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app from all Android and IOS app stores on May 1st, 2023 (Beijing Time)

Apologies, I misunderstood your post. I should know better than posting before my second mug of coffee.

The Pro app is being discontinued with a new app in its place. I'm guessing that's why it's being pulled from the App Store.

When I launched the app I got the usual security prompts, but one asking me something along the lines of if I wanted to allow it to track what sites I visit. That's a big no. I'll anger the wife if I don't use it so I'll probably wipe an old phone and try to just use it over wifi on that.

My Inkbird 4 probe just uses BBQ Go app. Don't remember where I got it. Not sure how or if this affects me.

I see what your saying Hotch. The Bluetooth app does not transmit any info at all. The wi-fi connection concerns me though.

Back