Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Great Pork BarbeQlossal--Des Moines, IA June 4-6

musicmanryann

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Big T'z will be there for our homecoming!:-D I have heard great things about this championship and am looking forward to meeting and going head to head with some of the "big dawgs" that show up for this one!

http://www.pork.org/bbqlossal/

Unfortunately, we will not be doing whole hog as I can't figure out how to stuff one in to one of our WSMs. :lol:

The Boondoggle Brothers will be there. I'm towing up the Q'chen Thursday after work and hope to be in the parking lot by 10:00. I'm bringing the founder of Show Me Smoke to help out that weekend - he's in charge of the whole hog.

I wil be there cooking with a tailgating buddy of mine. We are cooking under Two Mikes BBQ.

Big Mike

We are in as well...gotta get the application in the mail tonight....anyone how close to full they are?

Already sold out-sorry

not. They have plenty of room- I just don't need any more competition!lol!

Already sold out-sorry

not. They have plenty of room- I just don't need any more competition!lol!

You had me for a second :icon_blush:
the good news for you is that I'm just adding to the prize fund:lol:

We are not doing the whole hog either for the same reasons. I was glad to see the change on the overall, we were heading to South Dakota that weekend but changed that when we saw what was changing here...

Pork Pullin Plowboys will be there again this year. I think this is year six for competing.

I'll be around till late Fri. afternoon. Hope to see all your smiling faces!!
ModelMaker

Wish I was making this one. Getting ready for a Operation BBQ cook that Sunday at Blank Park Zoo!

It's kind of a "thank you" to our guys in uniform that's going on in differenet cities. Maybe Pat or Roo will chime in with details.

Smoked a pork loin for the first time this weekend. Looking forward to this..

That makes two of us that practiced loin in Austin this weekend, the meat inspectors kind of looked at it funny until I told them it was for supper:lol:
Still trying to find a way to get some flavor into it...maybe I'll just cover it in sauce and no one will notice:mrgreen:

The good news is that loin is turned in using a clam shell with regular KCBS rules. So Darren and Shad can't turn the category into some chefs delight like we had in St. Joe. I think Shad used a pork loin recipe last year when he went through that series of chef competitions and made it to the finals.

I'm already tired of those 2 kicking my butt:redface::mrgreen:

Back