Uh oh! They done messed up now!

Deebo

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'd heard that they give you a membership to Restaurant Depot for being any ol kinda business owner. I strolled in there with my wedding photography business license and walked outta there with a friggen card! I strolled around to get a look at prices and learned that they sell choice grade packer briskets for $2.something a pound! This is gonna be fun!!!

That worked out nicely.

Good for you. One quick question if you don't mind. I was looking through the RD sales flyer and noticed that in the heading of several of the meat listings there was a "R/W", what does that stand for?

Not positive here but in other meats R/W stands for raw weight.

R/W = roundworms. That's why the meat is on sale. Keep an eye out for it. It'll bite you in the butt every time (pun intended).

I finagled a card myself and man is it dangerous. It has pushed my meat purchasing and smoking addiction to a level that is beyond help. The location I go to has a manager special area. It's not meat thats about to expire like the grocery stores. Whenever any cryovac is broken or punctured,or even mislabled, they reduce it by at least half. I've gotten meat that was packaged the day before. CAB Brisket for $1.75 per pound, CAB whole boneless rib eye for 4.50 a pound, baby backs for $1.80 per pound. Choice boneless short ribs for 2.25 per pound. The list goes on and one. And even the regular prices usually blow any supermarket or wholesale store out of the water. Needless to say my freezer is currently stocked with every cut of beef and pork imaginable!

Hey I hate to throw water on this party but I've not found them to be too much (if at all) cheaper than Sam's.

There is one about an hour away from me. May have to dust off my old business license.

Hey I hate to throw water on this party but I've not found them to be too much (if at all) cheaper than Sam's.

which around me has about the same prices as walmart for meats. Luckily, I can't find a real reason to shop anywhere else for big cuts.

Do you buy your meat at Walmart? My wife won't let me-says it's not real meat.

Does it have to be a business license? My hunting club is listed as a non-profit organization and I was wondering if I could use my tax id for that to get a membership

Does it have to be a business license? My hunting club is listed as a non-profit organization and I was wondering if I could use my tax id for that to get a membership

non profits are fine

I did not even need a biz license. Just the tax ID from my employer

but some RD's are different

I just went to Sam's this past weekend to check their meat prices. RD was about dollar cheaper on everything.

next time you are there look for Carbon Del Sur lump.

Its way better than RO or just about anything else I have ever used. I discovered it about a year ago and have been buying it ever since

Thank God my state doesn't have one.
I'd probably wind up in divorce court if there was...........
hmmmm

In some cases supermarkets or wholesale stores may have the same prices, but restaurant depot is consistently priced like that. Also, the main advantage to shopping there over any other food stores is the variety. You can basically get any cut of any meat you can imagine. First place I found around here that always carries pork belly and packers!

Back