What's For Dinner?

backyardchef

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This is a smoke roasted london broil-- cooked hot, obviously. On the top shelf of the byc, closest to the firebox. I slathered it with a mustard and rub paste-- mainly alot of black pepper and other stuff. It was sliced up thin and devoured. What's left is going down tonight.

Attachments

• LondonBroil_sm.jpg
    LondonBroil_sm.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 117
I just pulled out chicken boobs stuffed with chedder cheese and asparagus.. cooked in the hot spot.

Portobello mushroom caps stuffed with a layers of fatty, tomato, red onion and covered with mozerella..

Stuffed artichoke made that in a pot(sorry guys).

and for dessert,

A couple apples cored, but not all the way thru it rolled in honey and turbinado, then stuffed a snickers bar down the center and cooked in the cold spot. (I cheated and nuked the apple for a little bit until it got soft.) Wrap it with foil so it dont get to smoky.

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 114
  • dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 114
Looking good, guys! I'm rumbly in my tumbly after looking at those. I don't have anhing as fancy as the poobah planned. I have some bone-in chicky chests in a brine of K salt, turb sugar, honey, rub and garlic and they are going to be cooked indirect on the gasser and served with steamed broccoli and some sort of potato. I'll know is about 30 minutes what I'm going to do to the potato.

Sirloin tips marinated for 4 hours in 4T Dale's and 2 cans of Coke then seasoned with spicy Montreal steak seasoning. Inspired by "Pigs on The Run"'s TV spot I smoked them to 130* internal, then rolled around over the coals in the fire box to blacken them up a little. Let them rest for about 15 minutes and Voila!

Pic 1 is the bounty
Pic 2 is 1 steak sliced
Pic 3 is a Vidalia smoked in open topped foil with butter, S and P, and worsy

Attachments

• Smoked Sirloin group.JPG
    Smoked Sirloin group.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Smoked Sirloin sliced.JPG
    Smoked Sirloin sliced.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Smoked Vidalia.JPG
    Smoked Vidalia.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 108
Sounds good, Ron, and looks great Poobah! That's a helluva weeknight meal.

What the Fark, I am sitting the office wiping the drool off of my computer.
No cooking tonight, I will grab a sandwich, I have a double header of softball to play. I won't get home til at least 11 pm.

Phil, Kevin, and Matt----

That's it--I quit :twisted:
I come here and you guys just "raise the bar" every damn day :twisted:
I am going somewhere boring--where pics not allowed :twisted:

That is my way of saying--"WOW! Great looking chow. I am jealous!" :lol:

TIM

That baked apple looks great! I never would have thought of stuffing it with a snickers bar. The stuffed porto mushrooms looked good too. I might have to do some cooking for me and the wife this weekend!

I grilled boneless skinless chickie breasts, sprinkled with Cookshack Spicy Chicken Rub on the gasser with some apple smoke. Sides were galic potatoes and green beans.
No pics, they didn't last long enough. Pretty good eats under 30 mins.

Damn, you guys are beginning to sound like Mista!!!!!:shock:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!!!! :biggrin:

NOW I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of another one I haven't done all winter. Core a head of cabbage, but again, dont core it all the way thru. core from the top, leaving the stump intact. Put a stick of butter and some chopped garlic in the hole. You can make a seasoned butter with spices and herbs, reform it into a cyliner using wax paper or a baggie and stick that down into the hole. Rub the outside with some butter, salt and pepper and/or BBQ rub. Wrap the thing in foil and then peel the foil back exposing it just below the top half of the head and smoke it for a couple hours till its soft.

Open it up in a large bowl and slice into large chunks. Good stuff too..

thillin said:
Having Boca burgers tonight.:cry:

bolt.gif

The chicky chests came out excellent. They brined for about an hour. Then I rinsed them and let them air dry for about 10 minutes and tossed on some Blues Hog rub and put them skin side up on the Weber gasser set at MOM. After about 30 minutes they were nice and brown and at about 150 internal I flipped them over to cisp up the skin and then flipped them back and gave them a quick glaze of Blues Hog Sauce. they were nice and moist and have a nice flavor from the brine.

Sorry, i forgot to take pics... :oops:

Time to clean out the freezer...

Chicken on the right has Cholula Chili Lime Seasoning.
Chicken on the right has Salt, Pepper and Spicewine Hen and Hog Dust
Fatty with 1 toothpick - Kansas city Backyard Rib Rub
Fatty with 2 toothpicks - Johnny's Pork, Chicken and Turkey Seasoning
Fatty with 3 toothpicks - Bigmista's Rub
freezer1.jpg

spicetherm.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... way too much good stuff happening here...

BYC's london broil, Kevin's sirloin tips, Mista's freezer finds !!!

The smoked apple with snickers pic even caught my wife's attention...I told her what it was and she was like " Mmmm..That sounds great !!!" may need to try some dessert type stuff like too. usually so focused on meat, I never deviate with other fun stuff that others might like too.

MilitantSquatter said:
Wow... way too much good stuff happening here...

BYC's london broil, Kevin's sirloin tips, Mista's freezer finds !!!

The smoked apple with snickers pic even caught my wife's attention...I told her what it was and she was like " Mmmm..That sounds great !!!" may need to try some dessert type stuff like too. usually so focused on meat, I never deviate with other fun stuff that others might like too.

Vinny, that smoked apple with the snickers bar set off an alert bell here too. I like to grill fruits with brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and stuff, but that one is a must do.

ok, since it sparked interest.. heres the technique.

Get the variety bags of small chocolate bars. thewy all work well, except the kit kats. Use them with marshmallows on a stick.

That apple today was a granny smith, but it works great with the BIG baking apples too. I like using the granny smiths for the tartness.

Peel the apple halfway down. Core it(make sure u get all the seeds) but leave the bottom in place. NOW, up to you if you want to cheat and microwave it a little bit until it starts to soften, otherwise it takes clowse to 2 hours in the pit.

Anyway.. Warm, or cold, rub the whole apple with honey,(or molassas, or maple syrup.) I just put on a food service glove and rub the entire apple, then roll it around in turbinado sugar. Once its coated stuff a small snickers bar down inside the hole, and lay a second one on top of the hole.

You can cook it hot, on a piece of foil and get some smoke, or loosly wrap it in foil leaving the top open a little. cook till soft, but not mushy. You want to be able to slice it.

Variations... Mounds bars stuffed inside(if ya like coconuts.) Payday or $100,000 bars work too..

Mounds bars melted on grilled pineapple is farkin awesome!!! I called them Grilled Pina-choclada. You can also skewer them(cubes), but start with the Mounds bars partially frozen.

It does not dont work well with Kit-kat bars. (not that i know that:redface: )

Back