Off the trash pile

DannyMac

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just pulled a three burner Weber gasser with side burner of a trash pile at 10:30p.m. Looks like it needs some work. I'll post a picture tomorrow to prove it happened.

Before photo

Before photo, after to follow.

Attachments

• grill2.jpg
    grill2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 435
Nice score! Will look forward to the after pics. Whatcha planning on doing??

Bruce

This thing has about a good 1/4 inch of grease all over the inside. Can anybody recommend a good degreaser?

Have you fired it up? You may want to make sure everything works before you put too much time into it.

Haven't fired it yet. New burners are only $40. I think it will rehab easily.

I guess you are just far more motivated than I would be :laugh: You could probably add a bit more to that price, and get a new one. Good luck either way :thumb:

I just bought a similar one for $100. Put another $100 into burners and flavor bars. Works great.

Neighbor gave me one that looks like that, needs the gas pipe from front to rear burners, cleaning, etc. It is a 2 burner Silver. I'll paint the trim, has cast iron grates. Should clean up like new, makes my 7th weber. I think I have a problem. Hm:crazy:

Take a pressure washer to it first then at home depot you can get ZEP commercial degreaser. Good stuff.

That is an oldy but goody for a gasser. Nice score.

Great score.:clap2: With a couple of bucks and some TLC you'll have a grill that will last for years. I bought mine new in 1999, and it's still going strong, although it doesn't get used near as much since since I rescued and restored my Performer.

Are Weber grills any good???

Nice score, congrats.

I guess you are just far more motivated than I would be :laugh: You could probably add a bit more to that price, and get a new one. Good luck either way :thumb:
I believe the equivalent new model would be the e-320 and sells for $550. :becky:

I'm jealous, I've been looking for a cheap or free one for a saturday afternoon fixer-upper for a while!

I believe the equivalent new model would be the e-320 and sells for $550. :becky:

I'm jealous, I've been looking for a cheap or free one for a saturday afternoon fixer-upper for a while!

I would say an E-320 would be quite an upgrade, wouldn't you? I was not meaning it would be a new Weber, but a new grill that would be similar. Like I said, you guys are far more ambitious/excited about these junk pile finds than I :wink: (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Back