Catering Gig I Had Yesterday (With Pics)

lazyjacres

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I had the Ole' Hickory fired up for a grand opening at a little bar and restaurant yesterday.
I had on 36 slabs of baby backs, 200 pork steaks and 120 chicken leg quarters. This grill really takes the work out of it. I had to do the pork steaks in 2 loads, but I had everything thing else on it at one time.

IMG00039.jpg

IMG00038.jpg

IMG00037.jpg

Hey Jamey,
Looks like you had her loaded up and purring like a kitten.

How many people did you feed with all that great looking food?

Good job!

You know I built my smoker and rotisserie from scratch. When you guys post pics like this... I want to take some black powder in a ziplock, tightly wrap it with maybe 7 rolls of duct tape and throw it in my firebox and run. :wink:

I wish I had built one of these instead.

If I could only find the racks you got in their stock form. I can never find a distributor.

I'm not sure how many they fed. I dropped it off and their kitchen crew did the rest. You gotta love a gig like that.

I don't believe it... franklin has it but says they are nickle chrome plated...

I thought NP was no good as it can flake off on your food. At least thats what I thought... but if people are using these in the their SP500

I can get this at home depot or its equivalnt in a 9 or 10 incher.

I thought the shelves in those units looked like NP

I assumed they were SS

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good..but like others mentioned that sure is a lot of meat.

That would even fill up my four teenage boys, and their ever expanding old man!

Looks fantastic. What kind of cook times did you have?

The ribs were on for about 3 1/2 hours, and the pork steaks and chicken were pulled by temp, averaging around 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I like to cook the pork to 165* to 175*, but the chicken was cooked to 175* to 185*. Even at that, you always have people that think the chicken is under cooked because it is so pink. You always have to explain it to them.

Whewwee! That's a heck of a lot of meat you have there. Glad things went well.

Back