THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ribs were on for about 3 1/2 hours, and the pork steaks and chicken were pulled by temp, averaging around 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I like to cook the pork to 165* to 175*, but the chicken was cooked to 175* to 185*. Even at that, you always have people that think the chicken is under cooked because it is so pink. You always have to explain it to them.

I talked to Lance last night and he said that there were a lot of people not wanting chicken because it was a little pink. Lots of Left-overs. Thanks again.

the chicken was cooked to 175* to 185*. Even at that, you always have people that think the chicken is under cooked because it is so pink. You always have to explain it to them.

Happens to me all the time. The explaining is a pain, but it's still better than serving overcooked (dry) chicken. Nice cook. Good job.

That does look freaking awesome! What was the fuel consumption? So I gotta ask, did you charge by the pound or by the person?

I went through about 1 bottle of propane, and a few sticks of pecan. I would normally charge by the person, but this was a favor for Munkees Pit, so it ended up being a percentage mark up on food and material, and a labor charge. It ended up being probably half of what I would have charged otherwise.

Back