more chipotles - more chipotles

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

in the last episode, i made a chipotle pizza. here's some more chipotles being smoked on the same fire as the ribs today. i'll bring these to the oswego eggfest next weekend. :biggrin:

ribschipotles-014.jpg

ribschipotles-020.jpg

ribschipotles-022.jpg

ribschipotleII-008.jpg

that's hot. :biggrin:

4 hours at 230 and into the dehydrator

chipotleIII-003.jpg

chipotleIII-006.jpg

who wants some? :biggrin:

do you make adobe sauce with them and how do you store them. as usual your picture are awesome. thanks, wheels.

Phenomenal looking Rick. So you smoke them AND dehydrate them. I'm learning here! Thanks for sharing your process.

thanks to you and Mark, I now have a case of Chipotle Fever. Man, those look good. What are you doing with em? How you storing em? Looking great Rick.
Anybody got a tried and true recipe for making the adobo sauce?

do you make adobe sauce with them and how do you store them. as usual your picture are awesome. thanks, wheels.

thanks to you and Mark, I now have a case of Chipotle Fever. Man, those look good. What are you doing with em? How you storing em? Looking great Rick.

i keep them in a gallon plastic ziplock baggie, not ziplocked. i grind them up and sprinkle on whatever needs some heat. nope, i've never tried the adobo sauce... yet :biggrin:

Not "tried," but comes from a trusted source.

Chipotle Adobo Recipe

Ingredients

* 8-10 medium dried chipotle chiles, stemmed and slit lengthwise
* 1/2 cup onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
* 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 4 garlic cloves, sliced
* 1/3 cup ketchup
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
* 3 cups water

Directions

Place all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan, cover, and cook over very low heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until the chiles are very soft and the liquid has reduced down to 1 cup.

Alternate Method:.
[FONT=&quot] Place ingredients in a dutch oven and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours till peppers are tender,and sauce is thick.[/FONT]

^ that's the same adobo recipe i googled today. i'm trying that this week and taking it up to ronL to see how he likes it. :biggrin:

^ that's the same adobo recipe i googled today. i'm trying that this week and taking it up to ronL to see how he likes it. :biggrin:

I get all of my "I want to try" recipes from RecipeZaar.com. Unlike most recipe sites, they not only give the star ratings, but also a count of the number of ratings as well as short feedback. That way, if a recipe is 5*s but only has one rating, you might want to try the one with 5*s and 200 ratings. Then, you know its gonna be good. And you know what? Its almost always turned out that way. Thats why I said its a trusted source.:wink:

Let us know how it works out. I bet its farkin good!

I get all of my "I want to try" recipes from RecipeZaar.com. Unlike most recipe sites, they not only give the star ratings, but also a count of the number of ratings as well as short feedback. That way, if a recipe is 5*s but only has one rating, you might want to try the one with 5*s and 200 ratings. Then, you know its gonna be good. And you know what? Its almost always turned out that way. Thats why I said its a trusted source.:wink:

Let us know how it works out. I bet its farkin good!

actually, i was going to make this recipe but i think i'll try something inbetween them both... kinda sorta.

i think it's gonna be H O T hot

Back